Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
New to me 32 Classic >

New to me 32 Classic

Notices

New to me 32 Classic

Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

FP, I would also consider having the injectors checked. Since the motors have been sitting such a long time. I just took apart one of my 300x's and found some marks in the two cylinders that are minor but may need to be addressed. Also found that the hose barb fitting that used to couple the fuel line to the motor was only 1/4" ID for a motor that needs 3/8" fuel lines. Definitely not a good thing. There was no way of knowing this without pulling the heads to look at the pistons and cylinders.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 554 Likes on 337 Posts

"...found some marks in the two cylinders that are minor but may need to be addressed..."

DR, what can one do to fix the minor cylinder scratches such as ones that you've found ?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DR ,
With this high resolution Milwaukee slim head Camera with LED your now able to peek inside after every boat ride WITHOUT removing heads . For 199.00 its dirt cheap insurance .

Larry
Old 04-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
FP, I would also consider having the injectors checked. Since the motors have been sitting such a long time. I just took apart one of my 300x's and found some marks in the two cylinders that are minor but may need to be addressed. Also found that the hose barb fitting that used to couple the fuel line to the motor was only 1/4" ID for a motor that needs 3/8" fuel lines. Definitely not a good thing. There was no way of knowing this without pulling the heads to look at the pistons and cylinders.

Seems like the Smartcraft or VV would have reported a leaning condition if the 1/4" was causing a starvation issue. I guess it could have been ignored. Good find.

I agree, fuel pumps and injectors will be gone through. I really think I need a DDT in my shop, and one of those scopey thingies...just for shets and giggles. lol.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I found a USB Endoscope Camera with software online for less than $20.00! It is 10mm in diameter, has a 2M USB lead with 4 adjustable brightness LED's 1280HD resolution and waterproof. It is amazing! Just hook it up to your laptop and you will have a pretty large screen view of any hole you want. The only drawback is that it is from China.. I don't have a manufacturer, but if you Google it you'll find it.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 554 Likes on 337 Posts

FP, what's the latest?
Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had much time to play with the Skater Noli. I did buy me a Mercury Digital Diagnostic Tester so I reset back to full break in once I have downloaded all pertinent data. Now I have to learn how to use the dang thing.

The only boat I have on a lift so far is the Bennington SSR, and we have only been out a couple of times. I have a contractor doing an addition on our boat house, and re-rigging all of our other lifts, and he is driving me nuts. He was supposed to be done last week of April at the latest. I guess he does not understand the concept of wearing out ones welcome.