Outboard skater BS thread!

Notices

Outboard skater BS thread!

Old 04-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I had a few more camera angles but was trying to keep video shorter,

The Dcb did not run, it was too choppy for that shallow of a tunnel.
Seriously? They didn't run the M29 because it was too rough? Obviously they knew it wouldn't run well in those conditions, so they left it on the trailer. Any under-30' boat with a pair of those 700# pigs on the back will not work well in the rough - regardless of tunnel depth.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

https://youtu.be/gyA7-81Z1JI Desert Storm shootout 2015 video of one of our passes.

https://youtu.be/gyA7-81Z1JI

Great vids Tyson.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
The custom Sea-Dek flooring that's taken about 4 moths to go through the process of getting right will be here Thursday for my 28. I'll post pics after I get it installed this weekend. Be prepared for a lot of back-and-forth with Sea-Dek to get what you want.
I have had Sea Deck in mine for 2 years. It is great stuff. Castaway Customs has the file on mine. So the only difference (variable) should be the front foot rest to the rear seat length. Took less than a week back then.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Zero Patience; 04-29-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
Seriously? They didn't run the M29 because it was too rough? Obviously they knew it wouldn't run well in those conditions, so they left it on the trailer. Any under-30' boat with a pair of those 700# pigs on the back will not work well in the rough - regardless of tunnel depth.
I agree but it was not that rough for a run like Freedom made. Boat must be slow as all would have had proof via radar gun. Guess they thought is better to leave it on the trailer than make a bunch of excuses as to why it still does not run.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

I was kidding about it being too rough. I would imagine they had too much to loose then gain by running the boat. It is a bigger heavier boat then the 28 skater and has 200 more hp, so in a little bit of cross wind and chop it would probably be faster then the skater. But anything other then a perfect condition for that boat I would put my money on the skater.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

I was kidding about it being too rough. I would imagine they had too much to loose then gain by running the boat. It is a bigger heavier boat then the 28 skater and has 200 more hp, so in a little bit of cross wind and chop it would probably be faster then the skater. But anything other then a perfect condition for that boat I would put my money on the skater.
I didn't know - I heard it was supposed to get windy down there, and hadn't heard if it got bad or not. It doesn't matter what the conditions are, that M29 won't stay with my 28 Skater.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

heard yesterday that is someone else out there has a 29 dcb with 400's on order. I love the look and rigging of thr dcb's...never been out in one so can't say anything about the ride and handling.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
heard yesterday that is someone else out there has a 29 dcb with 400's on order. I love the look and rigging of thr dcb's...never been out in one so can't say anything about the ride and handling.
I looked at the 29 and got on it at the dock. Really nice Big boat.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Warning Skater Tank Fuel Pick Up Issue

Hey Guys,
Was having some issues with my motors under full load with larger props and found we were not getting full RPM. Upon inspection of many things we found that the factory installed Skater fuel pick ups with the flare fittings installed were restricting the fuel by over 40 percent on one side. With the flare screwed in the threads went in too far and blocked the 3/8" hole. Not to mention the hard right angle. If you pull out the pick up look down the tube with a light shining in and see if yours might have the same problem. Funny thing that for years with my Opti's the Stbd engine would burn more fuel from time to time. Must have been on days I was running hard. Not sure if all the pick ups are the same but from what I tried to buy the ones I found were.
I know LA and Taboma had motor failures. This could for sure cause a problem.

So for these fuel thristy 300x's I replaced the pick ups with custom built stainless steel ones and added fuel pumps with all new aeroquip sweaping 90 degree fittings and a full 3/8" fuel line and fittings to the motors.
Just thought I would share what found. It may be worth checking anyway as a precaution.
Attached Thumbnails Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg   Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg   Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg  

Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, Ron! Thanks for the heads-up! Your "fix" is as usual impeccable! I'll look into mine. David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.