Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build. >

New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.

Notices

New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Mercury has boats in the water running the engines for the show! There will also be motors on display on boats as well.
great news! you better get us all some good info...go for a test ride and post a video!!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I heard there is a set on a Cig CC

Last edited by skate; 01-21-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, Im in line. No matter the delivery date of the boat. I kinda have to wait on these new motors wouldn't you think. Saves me a lot of money in the long run. Seems like everybody has the same info for the most part. Sounds like strategic leaks all over the place. Not so much if anymore. Seems like its all about when now. If and when I get any concrete info I will be in touch. Sounds like the info on the site is pretty good. I have a pic of the sides being built up on my boat now. Ill post them later not much to see. Gotta get my girlfriends help as once again I am a total idiot when it comes to this stuff.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

figured you knew something at a minimum LOL... I realize everyone had to be hush hush about it though. can't wait to see how they do on your set up and how they will do overall.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Hey LA, Not much more than anybody else here. The people on this site seem to have more than most. Im sure we will all have more after Miami. Seems like its gonna be how far back in line everybody is. Funny tho if you look back over the years people were having these same conversations way back then too. Does seem more credible this time. I think some still have to be a little hush hush about it tho. Steve.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I would think the builders like Skater that buy a lot of Mercury Racing engines whether it would be outboards or inboards would have first shot and the projection run. For Skater they do not have a center console so you may have to wait a bit which stinks. Companies like Cigarette and MTI that CC's with 4-5 motors on one boat will take the bulk of the first production runs. Just my opinion.
I think Mercury should give you yours first because the small O/B cat will really test the motor and longevity more than a CC.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Double Rigged;4253790]I would think the builders like Skater that buy a lot of Mercury Racing engines whether it would be outboards or inboards would have first shot and the projection run. For Skater they do not have a center console so you may have to wait a bit which stinks. Companies like Cigarette and MTI that CC's with 4-5 motors on one boat will take the bulk of the first production runs. Just my opinion.
I think Mercury should give you yours first because the small O/B cat will really test the motor and longevity more than a CC.[/QUOT

Which is exactly why they make him wait lol!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 PM
VIP Member

Hey all, Just spoke to Tony at factory and deck is supposed to go on next week. I will get the pic of the sides being built up on tonight or tomorrow. Again not that much to see but they'll be here.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Putting the deck on and all the associated finish work takes a lot of time in the build process. From sides built-up to the deck on (but not finished) was 2 1/2 months on my build (first pics were 6/15/04, second pic was 8/30/04). And yes, I was going back to the factory that often during my build. And to give you an idea of how far you're out from having your boat, I received mine in May of 2005, almost a full year after the hullsides were finished being built up! I don't want to ruin any plans you may have had for this Summer, but don't plan on your new 30 being in any of them. As I've said before Steve, don't rush anything and just enjoy the build process - I sure did!
Attached Thumbnails New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.-douglas-6-15-04-002.jpg   New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.-douglas-6-15-04-006.jpg   New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.-skater-30-w-deck.jpg  

Last edited by Skater30; 01-24-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:06 PM
VIP Member

Hey Dale. Now I don't have to post my pic because it basically looks like your top two pics. Ha. I hope you're not right about that time thing. They are telling me its supposed to be delivered to me in April still. Would suck if it ran over to fall. ouch. Gotta go out to factory to do gauges and seat set up. Cant wait to see the factory. Thanx for the heads up Dale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.