Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
32 Skater Project AKA Beat Dad >

32 Skater Project AKA Beat Dad

Notices

32 Skater Project AKA Beat Dad

Old 01-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Without the Arnesons mounted, how do you know that the mounts you are making are going to give you the drive shaft angles you want. At this point, you don't know your flange angle for the drive input do you? A lot of cats have wild compound angle shafts due to trying to get exhaust and accessories to fit. Moving them around could limit your water pump and exhaust options in the future. I know when the boat went from Bravo's to Sixes, the engines were lowered and various things were modified.

Take a look at the driveshaft angles in this raceboat:
https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...at-o74222.html

I found some old pictures of the rigging. Get me an address and I can email them to you.

Last edited by TxHawk; 01-17-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tx
I modified the mounts before I planned on getting rid of the bravos. From talking to Rik I think the ASD 7’s should be able to mount in relatively the same area as the bravos were. Time will tell. If I have to modify them again I will. It’s just metal!

Drivehsafts and U-Joints can run at some interesting angles. If I can keep them as straight as possible and keep a low COG I would be a happy camper. Once the Arnesons arrive I will know. Right now I am sanding the bilge down to glass some areas and prep for paint. Pics to follow.

my email is [email protected]

I’m still curious about the bilge pump mishap!

Last edited by Rossman; 01-17-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Registered

Old 02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Registered

Old 02-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Registered

Old 02-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Registered

Got the drives off this weekend. Still waiting on the arrival of the Arnesons to start mocking things up. Have to get the trannies down off the shelf and see if they have been upgraded yet or not. I think that the old holes in the transom will need filled as I am assuming the Arnesons will need mounted closer to the bottom of the boat. I continued sanding the bilge down this past weekend and got some good advice from Jim Buddy for filling holes and what not!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Registered

Default Miami 2019

Old 02-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Registered

Old 02-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Registered

Old 02-17-2019, 08:31 PM
Registered

Save the best for last!!
Got shipped down the Florida for work for a couple weeks and ended up getting lucky and having the day off!
Saw some very nice craftsmanship and quality down there and got some new ideas for the boat (Not sure is that’s a good thing or bad )

I talked to a few fellows by the 340 MTI cat with merc 300’s and told them I’d like to go for a ride to see how it compare to a Skater. One guy told me yeah I can hook ya up with a ride... went over to get the guy who was going to run the boat and he said that it was TOO ROUGH to do a demo. 2’ chop is too much water I guess? After being told it was snotty out there I told him that’s the reason I wanted to go and see how it did as I boat on Lake Michigan usually in bigger water. Maybe some other time I guess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.