1999 Sonic 260

Notices

1999 Sonic 260

Old 07-09-2002, 06:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default !

I don't see it going 75. I need to try a 26 labbed B1, but I still do not think I will be at 75. Maybe 73. Realize, this boat likes it rough. I get my best speed in consistant 3-4 footers; NOT flat lake water. Lake X would be a waste of money for my boat.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it was the new infused hull and running a non-labbed 26P prop it was struggling to get rpm and extremely sluggish planning (to much prop). Owner is bringing the boat back this w/e so we can see what shakes with some different prop configurations (I'm figuring a de-cupped 26 labbed down in the 25 range is gonna be the ticket). This one is loaded up with AC/Inverter/trip batteries etc...and with only 8hrs on the motor so if we can get a 70mph this w/e with the heat and humidity bumping it near the rev limiter I would think mid 70's is very achievable even in the waters we boat in. I'll let you guys know...by the way the first of the 575 31SS boats is coming this w/e as well, that should be interesting.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:06 AM
Registered

So if a HP500 regular drive w/o the infused hull will go 73 and the infused hull with ITS will go 75 is it worth the extra money for the ITS? Does anyone know the price difference of the ITS and also the new sonic with the infused hull? And also i thought someone said the ITS is supposed to work really well on this hull, is 2mph well, or do we just not really know yet bc of lack of testing.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The ITS is a very good option for this hull. The setback is right and the integral hydraulic steering is a very clean design. I'll post some results after testing this w/e. The ITS price with the XZ drive is pretty much the same as independant hydraulic steering and a setback box 5K.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:28 PM
29Fever

Hey Dan,

I know you need a another deckhand when you water that 31 next week!!

If you don't have room on yours, call me anyway. I'll get out in mine. I can't wait to see that bad boy!

P.S. We took Morgan out. She loved it! I tried to send you pics, but AOL is rejecting our email server for some reason. I posted a couple in the Fountain section. OSO won't let me post them again.

Tim

Old 07-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tim,
Congratulations again and of course get that baby out there! When mine were that young they loved the boat! Just make sure you get the "hang over the side diaper depository" a big old duke sitting in a Pampers diaper in the hot sun can cause intense disorientation (however much cheaper than beer!). Hate to say it but ya' missed the first one and all I can say is "wow" ask C&M they were out with us and I let him take it for a spin or two while we were dialing it in. All I can say is it's pretty freakin fast and as old as I'm getting probably about as fast (if not a little to much) for someone of my advanced age and limited driving ability. The next one has 2" shortie sportmasters, lowered x-dim and a little less cup on the labbed props so it should actually run even faster. I might need to sell that one pretty quick before it gives me a coronary as I just can't seem to keep my hands outta' the throttles...coming to the Poker Run next w/e?
Old 07-14-2002, 07:03 PM
Kentz

Tim - congratulations on your new "firstmate". Dano - is the poker run this coming weekend or next? I'd be real interested as long as watertown is NOT in the picture. Still can't even get in there

Kent

Old 07-15-2002, 08:30 AM
29Fever

Thanks Kent. I plan on trying to get out and run. I'm not entering in it, but I'll play around with some of the slow croud!

Old 07-15-2002, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes the date is the 20th. The run honcho's are all meeting down at Watertown this am to see if it's going to be able to assemble from there. If it's not cleaned out I know they are working a back-up plan (ie different location). From what I understand Watertown is supposed to dredge all week and have it ready. I know last year it was the same thing, until the run you couldn't get in there. It's a major bummer as that is a very nice facility or at least could be again.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kent,
Dredge is done it's 8-10 foot deep across the entire entrance area....