Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
New Sonic owner >

New Sonic owner

Notices

New Sonic owner

Old 10-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looney Tunes (Elliot, I believe). That is one nice boat! Before my wife and I decide on our 26', Mark showed us yours so we could see dash/ bezel selections. Ours will look very similar (purple gage w/ chrome bezel on purple carbon fiber panel). I actually called your office number to discuss how you liked Sonics. I've also been meaning to talk to a fellow member of my boat club by the name of Danny Jackson. Danny is another Baja to Sonic convert. He's a great guy.
I wished I could have talked my wife into twins, but as you know maintenance costs go up, insurance goes up, gas consumption, etc. I tried to go with as much boat as I could with the 26' Prowler (500 EFI, ITS, Hyd steer., XR drive, Gaffrig gages, Gaffrig throttles).
I left the Baja brotherhood so now all my buddies who own Outlaws are having fun w/me calling me "sissy Sonic Steve"! It will interesting next year when I'm out on the water w/ my Prowler w/ the new, stronger, lighter weight hull and 500EFI and "smoke" those guys with the 25' Outlaws! Baja guys always make comments that Sonics are so heavy that they're not very fast as compared to similarly equipped Baja's.
That 20-30 hour break-in period will be tough, but I wouldn't do it any other way but by the book!
Steve.

Last edited by steve chalupka; 10-13-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 2 Bajas before my 31SS, nice boats but they don't hold a candle to Sonic. Even if they manage to match or beat you in flat water, you will eat them alive in the rough stuff. And you won't have to stop afterward to tighten anything either.
BN is also a forme Baja owner (sorry to out you Brian!).
Old 10-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Jerry...you're going to have to actually get used to a boat that works

Your first responsibility will be to hook that up to one of your trrucks next spring and haul it out to Long Island Sound and take me for a ride. Heck...you're out here all the time anyway