Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
New to Cape Coral >

New to Cape Coral

Notices

New to Cape Coral

Old 05-23-2020, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've not bought GPS yet but I stay inside markers so far so good?? Still learning but love it next week complete make over interior drives etc etc

! Got to look good and run good for the poker run crowd!Have a great weekend hope to see a few of you guys soon! Peace! Love it down here but still miss Long Island NY!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Saweeet!!!! Nice all the way around! Great looking Fountain. Great memories of my 27 Fever years back. I downloaded the Navionics Trial on my iPhone and have been "studying" the waters.

On my end, boat lift upgrade will be done on Tuesday. Then I'll build the steps on the bunks for the stepped hull to sit correctly. By then the hatch should be done. So only thing I will have left at that point is finding someone to do a fluids change, get it detailed, and I'll be ready to tip-toe splash.

Going to try take advantage of some Memorial Day weekend deals and score a boat cover and a few other things. If I see a raging deal on a 10" GPS, i'll do it. Otherwise I'll start with Navionics and iPad.
The following users liked this post:
Nothing personel 353 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice man. Marine trading post in n ft Myers keeps a lot of that on the shelf.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:17 PM
Registered

Also I had Landseair make my cockpit cover. Couldn’t be happier with it. That’s who will redo my upholstery. Not cheap but top notch work. I do all my own fluids and whatnot. For the record code enforcement is a pain in the ass. If you have boat in front of the house on a trailer leave it hooked to the truck. Helps keep them at bay for a minute or 2.

The following users liked this post:
Nothing personel 353 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May take a few more blasts then work to be done boat was neglected past year but want to meet up before Ft Meyers boat race in October! Also getting a cheap GPS a few friends showed me the slow zones markers etc! Very nice down here!

Old 05-24-2020, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions View Post
Nice man. Marine trading post in n ft Myers keeps a lot of that on the shelf.
Just visited Marine Trading Post in FM yesterday and stopped by the one in CC this morning. Definitely the place to go for "stuff". I may end up doing the fluids myself as the outsource was an effort to expedite, but everyone is so busy I will likely get to it done faster Amazoning the pumps grabbing the rest locally.

I was told CC bulldogz where being more lax with boats in front of houses in these C19 days, but I am not counting on this being the case too much longer. Mine has been in front of the house since Friday and I probably just need about another week before it is ready and up on the lift.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:24 PM
Registered

It certainly helps if it’s hooked to the truck. As then it doesn’t look “stored”. Unhooked with a cover on it they will argue all day long you aren’t working on it. I’ve been in front of the magistrate a few times. Lol. I keep water pumps in my own personal stock along with several other things. I won’t loose a day of boating over an hour or less of work. Lol.

trading post is cool. I always hit the one in n ft Myers. I’m guessing that’s the one you’re referring to as cape as I’ve never seen one in the cape.