2005 Dominator SS >

2005 Dominator SS

Notices

2005 Dominator SS

Old 09-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILLERIME
The boat is a 2005 32 Dominator SS with a windshield. Has the vent but no true step.
Thats not an ss then
Old 09-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

This hull likes to ride level. I have a ton of seat time on mine in various sea conditions. Trim is not your friend! !! Trust me!!!! Get the nose down and it rides so much better through rough water. If trimmed correctly tab input is not really needed. I use my tabs to keep the boat level and in big water. As far as adding a ladder it c an be done easily. If u have any other questions pm me your number and I will give you a buzz so we can chat live

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 09-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by MILLERIME
Good evening:

I just bought an 05 Dominator SS and have a couple of questions

3. This isn't a question just an issue. Taking the boat out of the water for the first time I didn't have the drives straight while trimming it up and the port drive caught the tab and broke a piece off of the upper case. About a 1 inch by 3 inch piece. My mechanic has pulled the drive and is having the piece welded back on. He also pulled my tabs and had them machined down so this will never happen again. He ended up machine about 1 inch by 3 inch section off of both of the tabs in a tapered angle. Now there is about a 1/2 inch clearance. Anyone ever had this issue?

Thanks new Sunny owner
Greg
Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
I'm not a 32 owner but,

1. Have your drives straight before you put them in the "up or trailer position" That is your fault.

4. Welcome to OSO!!
Really?
you should not trim up while your tabs are down???that does not sound right..
Old 09-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's called bad placement Tom. I have seen it happen on a couple. Also have seen the K planes notched so it doesn't happen.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the chine walk issue: are your props three or four blade? If you are running three blade props then this could cause chine walk up near top speed, four blade props feel much more planted at the same speeds. I would think you could run 26 or even 28 pitch bravos with that setup
Old 09-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Depends on the tabs and the drives as far as interference.

If they are 380 tabs, yes, they can hit a lot of drives. Many boats with 380 tabs have them notched.
280 tabs are less of an issue and I think every set I have seen has a factory taper on the inside edge.

Stand-off boxes/ITS changes things as well.

And last, do NOT rely on "dry clearance" as in when you are checking things out on the trailer. With the force applied to drives and tabs while at speed on the water and especially when turning, they will "flex" past where they normally reach with static measuring/checking on the trailer.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't think the OP was talking about the drives hitting the K-planes in the water. I think he had the drives to the right or left and then he put them in the full up or trailer position when he put it back on the trailer. I think that is how they hit??
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Sunrocket is right. I had the drive hard over to port while trimming up on the trailer with the tabs full up...wham loud ass noise. Thought to myself....that's not going to be good. I am running 28 4 blades.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

heres what i did on the ol' a/t.

ran both drives up till i had 21" center to center on the ram bolts. I was told you dont want to run high speeds with the drives over that angle. i then makred my indicators with sharpie dots.

ran both tabs till they were flat with the hull according to a straight edge. marked the indicators again with said sharpie.

now you have a good basis for trial and error and figuring out how your boat likes to run.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

nothing you read on oso can beat time on the sticks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.