2005 Dominator SS >

2005 Dominator SS

Notices

2005 Dominator SS

Old 09-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
I don't think the OP was talking about the drives hitting the K-planes in the water. I think he had the drives to the right or left and then he put them in the full up or trailer position when he put it back on the trailer. I think that is how they hit??
I understand,,,,but they should not hit if the tabs are placed correctly...
Old 09-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boatnt is correct....that's what my mechanic told me also. They shouldn't ever hit regardless of position of the tabs or drives. The boat has 175 hours on it and doesn't look like it has ever happened before. My mechanic has a 312 Fastec and his hull is about 6 inch wider than my sunny. He has the same drives and tabs on his boat and has about 3 inches of clearance regardless of the position.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILLERIME
Good evening:

I just bought an 05 Dominator SS and have a couple of questions

1. Boat came with no ladder and I called Sunsation and Joe was not available. The lady I spoke with said this hull was not designed to have one installed. Not too happy about that response. What are you guys doing?

2. The boat has the 496 Mag's 375hp and at about 70 the boat is chime walking really bad. Where do you guys run the trim and tabs when running wide open?

3. This isn't a question just an issue. Taking the boat out of the water for the first time I didn't have the drives straight while trimming it up and the port drive caught the tab and broke a piece off of the upper case. About a 1 inch by 3 inch piece. My mechanic has pulled the drive and is having the piece welded back on. He also pulled my tabs and had them machined down so this will never happen again. He ended up machine about 1 inch by 3 inch section off of both of the tabs in a tapered angle. Now there is about a 1/2 inch clearance. Anyone ever had this issue?

Thanks new Sunny owner
Greg

Greg,

I have a lot of experience with Sunsations and I have put ladders on aftermarket (even on the boats that weren't prepped for it from the factory) Being it is an 2005 my guess is that it was set up for it. Like the guys have mentioned here if the boat isn't a fully stepped hull and just the "Vortex" step then it is not an SS. 2005 was the first model year for the SS although in 2005 Sunny built both hulls. Once you do install a ladder make sure you always put it up when you are done because there isn't any clearance between the drives and as soon as you turn you will be replacing the ladder.

Post some pictures of your boat we'd all like to see them. I'm curious as to which boat you have.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Yup, Wayne can't mount a K plane to save his a$$. Run away from Sunny!!! Head straight to PQ or AT or PP!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yup, Wayne can't mount a K plane to save his a$$. Run away from Sunny!!! Head straight to PQ or AT or PP!!
The third one is way too exclusive for the average folk.

They can't be mounted any further out because of the molded platform. Bad placement was a lil harsh so I guess I could've worded it differently. I will send Wayne a pic so he knows where they should be mounted.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Alright, not true, but still very funny.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you just pick this 32 up out of MI?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well even if the tab position is not optimal I will still be looking at 32 sunny's if I can't find a nice AT or PP when I am ready to move up.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

why not notch the tab at the factory like this guys mechanic did?,,,,I have done it in the past and so have other boat builders,,,
not trying to take anything away from Joe or the sunny group,,,just saying
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
The third one is way too exclusive for the average folk.

They can't be mounted any further out because of the molded platform. Bad placement was a lil harsh so I guess I could've worded it differently. I will send Wayne a pic so he knows where they should be mounted.
That or a pic of a bandsaw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.