Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
2005 Dominator SS >

2005 Dominator SS

Notices

2005 Dominator SS

Old 09-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will post pictures of the boat, damage to the drive and the after on the tabs tonight when I get home from work. My mechanic took them to a machine shop and had them cut down then re-powder coated the tabs. It looks factory fresh.

PowerplayJ

I know the boat you are talking about with the windshield and purples lightning graphics. The one I bought was purchased from a repo auction in Greenville South Carolina. I did some research and it was a one owner boat out of Georgia. I am in sub-prime lending and have some awesome skip-tracing software. The guy who it was repo'd from out of Georgia never would return my calls. My mechanic went through the boat for me. There are some cosmetic issue's but mechanically very sound. Little things like a broken speaker grill, missing a couple cup holders, stereo is pieced together, but overall a great deal. The boat was only about an hour from my house. Living in South Carolina most Sunny's are in the north. I had a horrible experience flying to a very well known boat dealer in the northern part of the country, so the boat being so close I had to jump on it.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
why not notch the tab at the factory like this guys mechanic did?,,,,I have done it in the past and so have other boat builders,,,
not trying to take anything away from Joe or the sunny group,,,just saying
Looks like Reggie needs to notch his swim ladders! I can hear Chevy as I'm backing down the ladder. "Using the whole fist, Doc?"
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Dominator SS-53472_2%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool! Hope ya got a good deal. Not many windshield boats out there. Give Joe a ring at the factory and give him your HIN, get info and on the mailer. They are good folks to deal with.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.ggschmitt.com/

Look at the third ladder down. this is what came from the factory on my SSR.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
why not notch the tab at the factory like this guys mechanic did?,,,,I have done it in the past and so have other boat builders,,,
not trying to take anything away from Joe or the sunny group,,,just saying
I hear you on that but who puts their drives in trailer position when they are hard port or starboard? I have a single but make sure my drive is center before I put it in the trailer position.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom puts his boat in trailer mode to get that little extra trim he needs to reach top speed!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Looks like Reggie needs to notch his swim ladders! I can hear Chevy as I'm backing down the ladder. "Using the whole fist, Doc?"
Hey we ALL know Reggie does not know anything about boats,,,,I mean look at the guys failed attempts at all the speed records.lol

by the way what do you think Chevy is saying while he is backing down the ladder of a F4? using both fist Doc?lol

if you look closely you can see the tabs notched on the F4,,,so why not on the 32??
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Dominator SS-sunny.jpg  

Last edited by boatnt; 09-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Tom puts his boat in trailer mode to get that little extra trim he needs to reach top speed!!
Thanks AJ,,,you and the sunny guys still go out for drinks??
Old 09-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner
http://www.ggschmitt.com/

Look at the third ladder down. this is what came from the factory on my SSR.
yep same as mine...everthing else on our boats seem to be just about the same too
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
I hear you on that but who puts their drives in trailer position when they are hard port or starboard? I have a single but make sure my drive is center before I put it in the trailer position.
Trailer mode? Mine are centered and all the way down when I pull out of the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.