Notices

The Silly Season

Old 11-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks....and it is hard to keep right under that speed when we are all running at 91 to 91.8, I think its also great how all the different hulls have strong points and weak points on the race course....it now becomes a mined game also to use that to win a race....

We need to get them to come up North and do a race in big water on our home course also....and then settle this again in Key West in Nov. 08

Last edited by MANITIE; 11-24-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I would be willing to travel to some of the florida races if some of the florida guys come up north. Lets see who is willing to do this? And maybe if some wanted to leave there boats up here i might have a spot for them to keep them.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Bobby...Thats what we need to start looking at....Smitty and OPA have the right idea.....run the Org your in but try to do 1 or 2 of the others...and then meet in Key West for the Worlds....but it will be nice....being that OPA dose not start its season till June....it gets the OPA guys some place to test out there boats in some compitition in April and May....

Get that Fumula ready and make the trip with us.....

That remines me....are bumble bees afraid of the cold....or is that just Ken......

Last edited by MANITIE; 11-24-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Gino,
Me and Joe have been talking about doing the trip we are just waiting on a few things to get the motors to the builder and get that process started. My only hard problem is the spring is my time of the year when we are swamped at work. But maybe i can make arrangments to get the boat there.
Oh and by the way its Formula and not Fumula.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Registered

You should know by now...I'm exempt from spelling errors...get the boat ready have someone bring it down and fly down Sat night and fly out Sunday evening....
Old 11-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I would be willing to travel to some of the florida races if some of the florida guys come up north. Lets see who is willing to do this? And maybe if some wanted to leave there boats up here i might have a spot for them to keep them.
Looking at the schedule...it might be a little hard. The SBI circuit starts in March, and ends in November...with barely enough time to get the boats washed, waxed, and ready for the next race.

The only two times we leave Florida...there's an OPA race on the same weekend.

But, like Smitty says....You never know...maybe we can work something out.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Manitie
That remines me....are bumble bees afraid of the cold....or is that just Ken......
Gino,

Bumble bees do not like cold weather...the queen bee hibernates during the winter and starts a new colony when the weather starts to warm the next spring.

Here is some advice from the BBC Living world Website:
"If you are being buzzed by a bumble bee just stand still and once they have worked out you are not a flower they bumble off elsewhere."
You might want to remember this...next time your in peril of being stung.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

Where is Barney in all of this. Come out wherever you are. Their could be 10 boats in our class in Miami. However, I will ask Santa for some good resin for your Viper. Our sled will be waiting for you. Hell we can blast through the cut and run to Bimini and back. Haggin has rescue helicopters for us, I know he will be in the boat with you knuckle heads, he wouldnt mis this rematch for nothing.

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 11-25-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Registered

Ken....I like your thinking....but my Mom always told me when I was 5 when there was a bee around to just.....SHUT THE DOOR ON THEM....FUNNY....HERE 35 YEARS LATER AND JIM TOLD ME TO DO THE SAME THING TO YOUR BUMBLE BEE IN KEY WEST AND IT GOT RID OF YOU....
Old 11-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

UUTT OOOO.....now were calling out Barney in all this mayheem....

Quick Reply: The Silly Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.