Notices

Bare Hull

Old 01-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bare Hull

Kryptonite Has A Web Site You Can Go On That And Find Out Info.There Phone # 631 325 9265 Best With My Boat So Far Is 106 I Chose Not To Go Blower And Single 4 Barrel Is Less Of A Head Ache My Motor Makes 790 HP On ZULS Dyno And Is Very User Friendly No Problems With Valve Train Or Anything Else For That Fact .For The Money I Am Asking You Could Not build This Boat Again.I Have More Into It Than I Am Asking. Its a Good Deal For Anybody Who Wants A True 100+ Boat .I Need To Sell This Boat I Am A Three Boat Onwer I Just Got A 28 Skater And Still Have My Sea Ray No Reasonable Offer Refused
Old 01-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Knotwright
z.zuperboat and others,

Long Island builds some of the best boats around.....None of them is a bad choice, but with that said I want a 28-30' that will run 100+ and will take rough water in stride.
PLease Help!

The 29Kryptonite is faster than a 29Activator?
I hear Lightspeed's Kryptonite runs 104ish with close to 850 Hp (JC Perf???). Though I like (love) Lightspeed's boat I would like to go with a mild blower setup which I believe will somewhat extend seat and valvetrain service life.
Finally, I can find no information on Kryptonite.What little I here tells me Superboat and Activator are smoother riding in the rough stuff (notice I didn't say better).

I had a long hard look at Progression but was not personally thrilled with the looks (no offense to the Progression guys).
From what I can see Progression has the best construction of all the Long Island boats.

The first hull I considered was Superboat's but to fly with the big dogs (100+Mph) the 9-950Hp required to motivate a Superboat to 100 pretty much rules out Bravo, Imco, Konrad ,etc.
A big drive means even more power!

In my mind the Superboat has the best looks.

Activator told me their 30 will run 100Mph with just over 750Hp? Activator also said they have a 30 running 117Mph with about 1000Hp.
True... or Bad Salesmanship (BS)??

I am leaning toward Activator but if I'm headed the wrong way I would love a heads up.

I know there is more to boating than speed and I don't intend to cause a pissing match, but I am down to final nitpicking and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pardon my late night party spelling.
You should be asking this stuff in the Activator section
Old 01-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, my point about MPH is how many of us have been meeting people that say that are in the 60's 70's 80's, 90's 100's and they don't come close - (( many people are true to there word - and don't dream )) I personally run in the 60's and enjoy it - I love the sport,respect the water and I am a family man with my wife & kids we are at Fire Island almost everyweekend. (( But the problem is I still meet guy that say they run in the 70's and low 80's and I continue to pass them - 30 years on the water thats the only thing that annoys me - I enjoy all these forums and I am 100% honest and add my 2 cents sometimes like we all do. )) Please note: I never bashed any boat only drivers of boats. I tie up to Progressions, Activators, Superboats, Searays, Silvertons, I do not discriminate - I love boating, & I love all boats !!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SUPER AIR
I love the sport,respect the water and I am a family man with my wife & kids we are at Fire Island almost everyweekend. (( But the problem is I still meet guy that say they run in the 70's and low 80's and I continue to pass them - 30 years on the water thats the only thing that annoys me - I enjoy all these forums and I am 100% honest and add my 2 cents sometimes like we all do. )) Please note: I never bashed any boat only drivers of boats. I tie up to Progressions, Activators, Superboats, Searays, Silvertons, I do not discriminate - I love boating, & I love all boats !!
Well Said Super Air
I run upper 70's and I'm proud of that.
Not everyone can afford to to purchase 100+ mph boats. Be proud of what you guys have. Whether it be fast or slow - east coast or west coast - new or old...you get the idea. Some people can't even afford to put clothes on their kids back. Don't trash on others because of your insecurities. We are all very fortunate for the toys we have. Just because your boat may go faster than the other guys doen't make you more of a man. So everyone just quit pissing and moaning. Just go out and have fun and be careful.

Last edited by raytart; 01-07-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Knotwright, I must agree Superboats are the best looking boats out there, If your in the market, have Rick at Superboat build one for you, your gonna love your Y2K !!!! After 2 years of running mine hard, I would not think twice to order a new one with bigger power, to play in the 100 mph club !!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Knotwright, I must agree Superboats are the best looking boats out there, If your in the market, have Rick at Superboat build one for you, your gonna love your Y2K !!!! After 2 years of running mine hard, I would not think twice to order a new one with bigger power, to play in the 100 mph club !!!!
What Power are you running and how fast?

Do you find it wide enough?
How are the seats in the rough stuff?

Have you had it in Big seas?

Sorry about all of the questions.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Knotwright
What Power are you running and how fast?

Do you find it wide enough?
How are the seats in the rough stuff?

Have you had it in Big seas?

Sorry about all of the questions.
Running Merc. Racing 600 SCI. Seeing 83-84 mph, and still playing with props, if I get it right there is probably another 2 mph to go. The boat is narrow, so she can cut the water with ease. The seats are fine in the rough, at least the drivers and passenger seats. I have the boat in the ocean almost every weekend. AWESOME boat in the BIG STUFF. !!!! Give Rick ( FX-10) a call at Superboat, he will set up a demo ride with JC. !!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

i have been checking prices the sb y2k is the best price of those boats your speaking about, are they made the same way. fred thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Registered

Lightspeed,
Sorry for any inacurrate info on your fine boat. In a long conversation with JC Perf your boat came up and I must have confused your motor with other discusions.

106 Mph is very impressive with 790Hp!

A 598 probably produces 790 Hp with a much milder cam than I suggested.

Had your boat out in the rough stuff?
What is it like at high speed in 2-3' chop?

Kryptonite's web site is down (has been for a long time). Do they have a new site I am unaware of?
I will give them a call.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I believe the Kryptonite has a 21 dergee deadrise V, not 24 like the Superboat. A boat with a 24 degree V will be much better in the chop/rough stuff.

Last edited by Superbabi; 01-08-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Bare Hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.