Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
80 mph + 24' Superboat (continued from Pantera Forum) >

80 mph + 24' Superboat (continued from Pantera Forum)

Notices

80 mph + 24' Superboat (continued from Pantera Forum)

Old 10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Pats right. You should be able to feel the boat start to come out of the water a bit and loosen up.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Results:

Our BBlades Labbed 25P Mirage + was 74.7 @ about 5400 rpm. The boat felt like it had MUCH more in it, but the prop was definitely wrong.

The 28P Mach (not yours by the way Pat. Yours won't be here until tomorrow. I borrowed one locally) Was 68mph @ about 5200-5300 rpm. This one looked odd like people had been grinding on it and re-shaping it. We believe it not to be a true representation of a 28 Mach.

The 29P Hydromotive we didn't get to try. Apparently there was a special washer needed to run the prop that we didn't get from the person we borrowed it from. We believe that it would not be the right prop anyway as it would give too much stern lift and probably have too much pitch. It would have been nice to see how the boat reacted though.

I definitely was not trimming enough. We got it trimmed out this weekend and actually saw some rpm. With the 25P M+, I trimmed it out enough that you could feel it blow out, but the boat did not get loose. With the Mach, I trimmed it out to where the boat did feel loose, but it had been messed with enough that the speed wasn't there.

The only other thing was that it was a very windy day with a solid 2 foot chop. If the chop had been a little smaller, we probably would have gone faster due to being able to get the boat on top of it and keep it there. As it was, we had a lot of up and down and couldn't get it consistently running on top of the chop. The 24 was just a little too short to keep it up on top.

In the spring, we're going to find a 28P & a 26P B1 and we're betting on the 28. I'm going to set your prop side by side with this one Pat and see if I can tell a difference.

Last edited by jayhawk261; 10-21-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

You felt loose with the 25 but the boat wouldnt get out of the water on top with a 2 foot chop? That prop sounds close but needs some lift. With the power you have now, you should be able to get that thing on top real quick.

I still say a 4 blade will be your best bet. My guess would be a B1 26 4 blade Labbed and tweaked to get your lifting qualities perfected. This prop should be your best all around choice.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

The 28 felt a little loose when trimmed out. The 25 still felt solid at speed and trim. I trimmed the 25 enough that you could hear it blow out, but the boat didn't get loose even then. It only got loose with the 28 which didn't give us the speed because of the condition of the prop.

We were able to get on top of the chop, but the problem was the boat seemed a little too short to keep it there. We'd get on top for a little bit and then it would drop into a trough that was maybe a little bigger. If the chop had been just a little smaller, I think we would have seen better numbers. It was no problem getting it up there. It was just a little on the rough side to keep it up there consistently for the size of the boat.