Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay >

Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

Notices

Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a Superboat owner, I would like to hear it. I missed the details in the previous thread before it got deleted. As long as it doesn't become a pissing match and is talked about reasonably, let it stay.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Enough of this thread, we have been down this road before. Hit the DELETE BUTTON.
Gary, you and I talked a number of times about this and I am willing to let sleeping dogs lie.
BUT, FX-10 is posting that he has witnesses with accounts that simply are not true.
What would you do?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Boatshopping
Being a Superboat owner, I would like to hear it. I missed the details in the previous thread before it got deleted. As long as it doesn't become a pissing match and is talked about reasonably, let it stay.
No, I don't want to rehash on-line, because it becomes personal and counterproductive.
If you'd like to hear about my boat send me a PM or e-mail. I have lots good to say along with the not so good.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM
T-Mone
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I did not want to get involved in this but I wanted to set the record straight as to who was involved in witnessing what happened that day on the Ct river. There was 3 boats travelling together after the gathering for lunch that day. Pat's 24,(2 People) My 24 Pantera(3 People) and Pete's 28 ( 1 Person). No one else was around and no one else saw what happened that day. Myself, my crew, and Peter were with pat for the rest of the day. Immediately after the accident Peter took pat's passenger across the river to meet his wife because he needed to get to a hospital right away, While Pat and my crew tried to get Pat's boat put back together enough to limp it back to his private marina because it was the closest place to the accident site. No one ever saw the boat or stopped to see if everything was O.K, trust me if you saw this happen you would have stopped. We got the boat back to the marina and Pat jumped in Petes boat, we headed back to the ramp in Old Saybrook where all our trucks and trailers were. We loaded up and headed up to the Marina pulled pats boat out and that was that..As far as the wave goes I was just off Pats port side, hit the same wave at about the same speed Pantera is solid as rock....
Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Enough of this thread, we have been down this road before. Hit the DELETE BUTTON.
I agree with Gary. Just drop the whole dame thing.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JIM H
I agree with Gary. Just drop the whole dame thing.
Sure, easy for you guys to say. No one posting untruths about you.
I believe I've been vary nice not to Drag the Superboat name through the mud.
I could have been a major *****, and both of you know that.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Sure, easy for you guys to say. No one posting untruths about you.
I believe I've been vary nice not to Drag the Superboat name through the mud.
I could have been a major *****, and both of you know that.

Pat I do not want to start any trouble but I have to say you have still been a supporter of Superboats even though you went through this problem.. It is FX10 who still wants to be the bully here. What happened happened and no one can change the past. It is obvious though that FX10 is bitter seeing a wrecked Superboat on this site when he spends so much time supporting the company here. No one would want to see that. But that is exactly the problem with a site like this and the internet in general. The good, the bad, and the indifferent are out there. It is up to the person reading the print to decide the truth and what they want to believe. Which sometimes is not the same unfortunatly..
And by the way FX10 why do you consistantly talk about the 22 Progression that came apart. That has nothinmg to do with Pat's Superboat. That Progression was going well over 100mph when it blew over. It did not come apart from a wake. It came apart when the bow nosed into the bottom of the bay. I have spoken to Kevin at Progression about this incident you keep bringing up and I know you did see the boat. But still will not own up to the truth. Pretty sad u have to compare other peoples misfortunes to make your product look better.
I have owned 2 Progressions and have never ever had a problem with any of Kevin's hulls. My question to you is why did Superboat refuse to fix the boat for the customer or rather take the boat back to figure out what was the week link. Maybe you and Cohen could have learned something from this incident and used that knowledge to build the future boats stronger. Wouldn't that have been better for business than turning your back on a customer. Then you could have shown everyone what you changed to make the hulls better....
Old 03-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don,
I hear what your saying. I don't keep blasting Progressions. Progressions are built beautifully.I only posted that once. And the only reason I made reference to that boat is because it was fully glassed around the bow area. My opinion is that no matter if it was glassed around the bow or not, Pats boat was coming apart.
Don, I'm not sure if you launched off wakes at the wrong angle and landed, or almost landed your boat on it's side. I've done it, and learned from my mistakes. I was in my buddys Superboat 10 years ago and launched off a wake on the wrong angle @ 60. Boat landed on it's side, completely siddeways. I got thrown out. On the way out, My face hit Riches face, broke my nose, gave him 7 stiches. I was knocked out, flew 30 feet from the boat in the State Channel in front of Gilgo. I came too when my feet hit the bottom(30'), and believe me. I didn't think I could make it to the surface. I did. With a broken nose and 2 deformed(broken) fingers. I swam back to the boat and passed out about 3 feet from the boat. Ritchie grabbed me, and pulled me on board. Thank God. I couldn't blame the boat for what just happened. It was an accident, or poor judgement on Ritchie's part.
All I'm trying to say is , it's fun to jump waves, just make sure you hit them at the right angle. Or someones gonna get hurt. And if your boat brakes, don't blame the boat.
Don, as you said "what happened, happened" Pat has always been one of our biggest supporters of Superboat, And I'm sure he he'll always be.

Last edited by FX10; 03-23-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Titan
It is obvious though that FX10 is bitter seeing a wrecked Superboat on this site when he spends so much time supporting the company here. No one would want to see that. But that is exactly the problem with a site like this and the internet in general. The good, the bad, and the indifferent are out there. It is up to the person reading the print to decide the truth and what they want to believe. Which sometimes is not the same unfortunatly...

Maybe you and Cohen could have learned something from this incident and used that knowledge to build the future boats stronger. Wouldn't that have been better for business than turning your back on a customer. Then you could have shown everyone what you changed to make the hulls better....
Hi Don,
Your post makes a lot of sense, at least to me. And I don't think you're trying to start trouble.
To my knowledge this is an open forum and I believe it is a good thing to share our experiences whether they be good or bad. I don't believe this is a forum to just showcase Superboats for the purpose of promoting sales; that would go against the meaning of the word.
I originally posted the pictures of my wreck to share my experience and absolutely I wanted others to know that the construction of my Superboat hull had some questionable areas.
My purpose was not to take shots at Superboat. Unfortunately that is how it was viewed by some and FX-10 has taken it upon him self to try to discredit me.
No, I did not hit a 6' wave at 70, No the boat did not hit the bottom, No, I did not land the boat on it's side, and No, I was not seeking to launch off a boat wake. Yes, I did get caught by surprised by a boat wake and launch, Yes, the bow got stuffed, and Yes, it was my fault. No, it does not much matter now, it is done and in the past. I have learned a lot from my mistake that day.
FX-10 has maybe seen my boat 1 time and that was before my accident and he told us he was not involved with the cunstruction of my boat. If FX-10 had put to use the 35 years of experience he has and taken an unbiased look at the boat after the accident, there may just be a different story written here.
I do know that there are many owners of 24' Superboats that do appreciate me posting. I have corresponded with or spoken to on the phone with at least 10 that have told me so.
Sure the aftermath of my accident was not the best press for Superboat. But, even though FX-10 insinuates that I blame Superboat, I have admitted many times the accident was my fault.
There is a lot that can be learned from others here on OSO. IMO that goes for boaters with little experience to those that may have 50 years of experience. The day you stop learning or think you know it all is the day you, well fill in the blank...

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 03-23-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Pat.... Still friends?

Quick Reply: Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.