Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay >

Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

Notices

Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

Old 03-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

this is Pats old boat right.....wonder who bought it and why they are selling already.....we should really keep tabs on this thing so nobody here buys it after its fixed and winds up hurting someone....this boat needs a wood chipper....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-Su...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

George, believe me. If it was closer, I would buy it. And fix it. The deck is already off. Removing the liner is cake then. Doing the interior glass work is also cake. Without blowing smoke out my arse, ....... 1 1/2 weeks. Done. And thats nights!.
We had a 24 in here back in october. Hit a channel marker (Pile) at 60. Same senario. Deck came almost off. Tore 4' of the starboard side hull off under the chine. And carved out 8' of the deck, 2' deep. Inbetween doing all the other work in the shop I worked on it. 1 1/2 weeks, and it was done. alot worse then that one.
As you said. Any fiberglass bla bla bla could fix it. Your right. I wish it was still around. My 225 Merc would look pretty sitting on a Stainless Marine setback on it.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

this is the first time im seeing those pictures, damm man- even if that hull and deck were concreted together that thing would have broke- that was a BAD hit.

lucky to be alive for christs sakes.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You got that right Rob, Pats a lucky guy. The stuff from Hell.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RobF
this is the first time im seeing those pictures, damm man- even if that hull and deck were concreted together that thing would have broke- that was a BAD hit.

lucky to be alive for christs sakes.
so your saying concrete would be stronger than using glass at the hull to deck joint

Rick my issue with the boat is that unless it was fixed by you or someone i trust like RobF i would never get behind the wheel of that thing....as we all know most superboats for some reason or another wind up back on long island eventually LOL...if someone who is a shade tree glass guy fixes this thing and someone goes out and gets killed in it that would suck....i would hate to see that happen after it made its way back here....
Old 03-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

BTW anyone know the story on how it ended up in texas???
Old 03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

pat sold it for parts, yes it's his old boat...i think he knows its listed...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

The gut who is doing the Banana boat bought it for parts. Check out the Banana boat forum and you can see it. I don't think the guy is out to rip anybody off or endanger them in anyway.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, that is my old boat. This is why it went to Texas.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=177881
I suppose anything can be rebuilt/fixed. I agree with Chad’s listing on E-Bay; The Boat is totaled…
Rick if you want it, I can have my Dad drag it up with him when he comes up in May.
Ironically, I sold the boat by word of OSO to a fellow that lives on the same lake in Texas as my Dad. Small world…
For the record, I did offer this hull to JC for R&D purposes...

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 03-17-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
so your saying concrete would be stronger than using glass at the hull to deck joint

Rick my issue with the boat is that unless it was fixed by you or someone i trust like RobF i would never get behind the wheel of that thing....as we all know most superboats for some reason or another wind up back on long island eventually LOL...if someone who is a shade tree glass guy fixes this thing and someone goes out and gets killed in it that would suck....i would hate to see that happen after it made its way back here....
The hull and deck joint was not glass together, but we'll not go down that road again...

I agree with you that the boat should be scrapped unless fixed at the Superboat factory.
Even then, I'd not trust it, but that's me.

I can provide the hull number, and any other info someone may want about this hull. I owned it for 5 years and put the majority of hours on it.

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 03-17-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked 24 surfaces on Ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.