Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three! >

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Notices

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Old 04-03-2019, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Yes I’d like to get the trailer in process things are coming along I need to follow up in another week or two and see how how he’s progressing and getting his act together down there. .
Old 04-07-2019, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bobs machine double jack has been ordered. There will be delay in getting that as they are in the midst of moving to a larger facility and having to set back up. We could be waiting four weeks. We will want that in house prior to building a custom set back. Also Everett performance has stopped making a tilt helm for the capilano manual steering. I had the tilt helm on my last Y2K and liked it a lot. From what I understand it’s quite envolved and labor intensive read(expensive) as the capilano unit itself needs to come apart and the shaft modified. I’ll be speaking with them again on Monday and discuss the possibilities.
No word on motors yet. Argh....,
Ordered 2 simrad NSS EVO3 displays for both driver and passenger.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPERSTITIOUS
Well I stopped by Superboat Today! Saw JC, Rick and helper Max. John jr stopped by with his bud Mike Demino a boat rigger. Not untill I asked his last name did I realize he is the son of John Demino aka “Lightspeed” who helped rig my prior two Superboats. So a big shout out to Lightspeed down in Fla!!
Back to the build... The deck has been sprayed and glassed! Rick was laying down the Divincel 305 high density coring for the deck when I arrived. This build is along the same lines as my last build, lightweight race layup, though this time around. as I mentioned, coosa board (already on hand)will be used instead of wood in Too Superstitious’ construction!!! Rick did say he had some pictures he’d forward when he has a chance.

The apple dont fall far from the tree lol good luck with the boat guess Mike will rig it He is real talented on those outboards u should see some of the Doug Wrights he rigged over the top
Old 04-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SUPERSTITIOUS
Bobs machine double jack has been ordered. There will be delay in getting that as they are in the midst of moving to a larger facility and having to set back up. We could be waiting four weeks. We will want that in house prior to building a custom set back. Also Everett performance has stopped making a tilt helm for the capilano manual steering. I had the tilt helm on my last Y2K and liked it a lot. From what I understand it’s quite envolved and labor intensive read(expensive) as the capilano unit itself needs to come apart and the shaft modified. I’ll be speaking with them again on Monday and discuss the possibilities.
No word on motors yet. Argh....,
Ordered 2 simrad NSS EVO3 displays for both driver and passenger.
you should definatly get STR brackets they are the strongest u can buy and trick to boot
Old 04-08-2019, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by lightspeed
you should definatly get STR brackets they are the strongest u can buy and trick to boot
Hey tell me more I’m not familiar with str brackets
Old 04-08-2019, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by lightspeed
The apple dont fall far from the tree lol good luck with the boat guess Mike will rig it He is real talented on those outboards u should see some of the Doug Wrights he rigged over the top
Yes I’m looking forward to Mike’s expertise as he said he just came back from Mercury school, he shared quite a bit of knowledge and had a great conversation about set up. As always, I appreciate your input as well! Thank you for the well wishes and I hope you’re doing well...
Old 04-08-2019, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Found it Shaun Torrente Racing. I’ll look into it. Thank you John!!
Old 04-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mike can get them and they can be made in any size u want ,,,u cant buy any better or stronger brackets on the market
Old 04-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!-25p1h11.jpg
Old 04-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!-15ogk01.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.