Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
New Life For My Old 30' >

New Life For My Old 30'

Notices

New Life For My Old 30'

Old 11-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How fast were you running with the prochargers?
Old 11-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by showtime83
How fast were you running with the prochargers?
Beats me. That's why I won't miss them. I don't take it over 75 anyway.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The time has come for me to pass my boat along. When I bought this boat it was my dream boat, but I was boating out of Annapolis and didn't have any dogs or grand kids. In 2008 I bought a place in southern Maryland. The water is shallow and we just don't use it very much. I think I have less than 20 hours on the new engines and drives. This weekend I'm cutting off the shrink wrap and I'll take some current pictures and put it in the classifieds. If you go back though this thread, you will see the work that has been done. If you are in the market for an Ocean Pacer, this is the way to buy one. It's my gift to you because I have individual receipts for work I had done that are more than what I'm selling it for. I truly hate selling things so I'm pricing it to minimize the amount of time I have to deal with it. Someone come and get a great boat for $34,000 firm.

I'll work up a list of everything that's been done for the classifieds, but it has fresh 509's with HP525 cams, custom made Imco exhaust, Konrad drives and gimbals, new upholstery and glassed wood frames. Halon fire suppression system. I've had the transom re-gelled, every nick and scratch taken out of the bottom, the dash re-gelled. The instruments have been redone and rewired. The interior has been re-upholstered. I put new tires and brakes and lights on the trailer. Hydromotive P5 props, XM radio with subs - and lots of other stuff!

Last edited by Jammin'; 05-20-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow real nice job on this. Did you sell the the pro chargers or still have them? I'm gonna tell a friend of mine about this. If you have the pros how much does that change things?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I sold the Prochargers when I removed them. They were always finicky. Most of the work on the boat was done by Maryland Offshore Performance. When I had the Konrad drives installed, I took it to MDG Performance in Edgewater, MD at the suggestion of Biggus. Dave at MDG is really first rate. When I commented to Dave in the middle of the recession that if I had a catastrophic engine failure, I really couldn't afford to fix it, he said to take off the Prochargers and I would pretty much have a bullet proof boat with warmed over HP500's and Konrad drives. I liked the idea.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just left a message for a friend of mine to call me. He has a Rum Runner and has been thinking of up sizing. I'll tell him to take a look at the thread. Hey you never know.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If he's willing to be as reasonable with his Rum Runner and depending on the boat, I might be willing to take it on trade. I'm on a small boat river now, but I'm still a sucker for a Sutphen.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I think hes keeping his and adding 1 more. His is an outboard with twin 200 Mercs. Hows yours handling after all is said and done?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I finally got it propped to suit me and it's like butta'. I'm only running in the 70's and it feels like I'm running on rails. I tried P5x props, but it's so ass heavy to begin with that a bow lifting prop didn't seem to me to do the trick. I still run a little tab.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sounds great. Thanks for all the info.

Quick Reply: New Life For My Old 30'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.