New Life For My Old 30' >

New Life For My Old 30'

Notices

New Life For My Old 30'

Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the details are taking forever. The upholstery shop lost their embroiderer so I had to take a logo to an embroidery shop and get them to digitize it. I couldn't select the thread until the grab handles were painted. Then I had to take the thread down to the embroidery shop to match it along with a piece of the Loncoin floor for the gray thread so they could order it. And so it goes. Here's the sample he did this morning.
Attached Thumbnails New Life For My Old 30'-sutphenlogo.jpg  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

Very nice job on your project!!! Everything you have done is killer!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice work, love the attention to detail!

Kurt
Old 05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks. I really appreciate the comments. This is about the only place I can talk about it without people's eyes glazing over and it's such a big part of what's going on for me right now.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've been so antsy to get on the water I boat this off Craigslist for cheap today to use until my Sutphen is ready. '87 Velocity with 200 hp Black Max from the original owner.

I'm going boating next weekend!!
Attached Thumbnails New Life For My Old 30'-velocity1.jpg   New Life For My Old 30'-velocity2.jpg  
Old 05-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Gotta love old school projects. I'm doing the same thing as you only on a 86 Velocity. Seems like all the small details take forever to complete. Your ride is going to rock when done, good luck with her. I can't wait to see how it looks when complete. What speed did you see before and what are you hoping for?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I love the old 30' Velocity. I was looking at one yesterday when I was picking up the 22'. Something about that boat just does it for me. When I first started boating, it was the ultimate boat in my eyes.

I purchased the Sutphen and took it directly to the shop. The previous owner saw 69 mph on GPS best. I expect to use 30" Bravo's and max around 5400 rpm, so you can sort of figure out the speed it ought to go. It had 24" Bravo's and only rev'd to 4800 rpm before.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

30X5400/1.5X1056=theo speed =105mph in the perfect world, that sukka will be a rocket!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jammin'
I've been so antsy to get on the water I boat this off Craigslist for cheap today to use until my Sutphen is ready. '87 Velocity with 200 hp Black Max from the original owner.

I'm going boating next weekend!!
Glad to hear you got another toy for the summer. the Sutphen is looking great. keep up the good work

Its been quite here on this fourm for a while?????????????

Len
Old 06-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Len S
Glad to hear you got another toy for the summer. the Sutphen is looking great. keep up the good work

Its been quite here on this fourm for a while?????????????

Len
2nd, 3rd and 4th (me) owners on OSO. I'll have to keep it for quite some time to get the dollar cost average per year down. It's still moving along, but I'm sure it won't be ready for another month. I think this Velocity was just the right thing for me to do because my mood was getting blacker with every passing week. Now I'm okay if the Sutphen takes a little longer.

I should have the interior back this week. The engines are finally back together and ready to bolt the transmissions on.

Quick Reply: New Life For My Old 30'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.