Notices

dodge vs chevy vs ford diesel

Old 06-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: dodge vs chevy vs ford diesel

Funny, but all the real work trucks down here are Dodges. In fact everyone I know that tows really heavy stuff drives a Dodge, that includes a couple of guys who tow BIG dozers every day. Also we use ours to tow hay trailers (won't divulge the weight, but HUGE!). We've tried the Fords, they just didn't cut it.

Yeah they don't last long, mine is at 210,000 miles and just keeps going. The body/brakes/suspension are just first class. Interior looks like new. The Cummins doesn't burn a drop of oil, and gets me 20mpg. One of those dozer guys is at 180k on his dually and it looks new, too.

Ford/Chevy/Dodge, they are all good trucks. Just buy a real truck, (not a half-ton anything) and you are in good shape...

JimG
Old 06-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm glad you have had great luck with Dodge. We also pull our 26K tractors with our Fords, and leave the lighter stuff for the Chevys 15-20k. Unfortunatly every Dodge that I have owned was great for the first 70-80k miles, than I had to bring out the wallet. It just wasn't cost effective for our company. Yes, they were less money, BUT..yes, they gave us a lower resale and had about 7k more into them than the other 2. To be honest, the Duramaxes that we maintain have slightly less problems than the Powerstrokes, that Duramax/Allison is hard to beat. GM's suspension is geared towards coddling you, kinda like a baby in his mothers arms being breast fed, mmmmm. ahhhhhh. The Fords suspension is like I just got done drinkin a case of beer, a little wobbly but I got you home, so shut up and I'll see ya in the morning. Jeff

DODGE still SUCKS
Old 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Registered

I'm with ya, Jassman! But it's paid for, so I'll see if I can stretch it to half million or so... I know of several over a million.

I'd drive any of them as long as they burn diesel!

Jim
Old 06-12-2005, 10:31 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, i was expecting some real fireworks here.

The Dodge crew cab problem rules that out for me. The ford seats are super comfortable for a 6'3" guy. I need to try this years Chevy seats. My 2000 Chevy is lacking support or something. The Allison trans makes the Chevy very attractive.

I plan on driving them both back to back soon. Both seem to be good choices. But it's going to be hard to beat the GM pricing this month
Old 06-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 04 Dmax CC Chevy Dually. Rides like the 1981 fleetwood Caddy my dad was so proud of some years ago. The truck is far and above anything I ever dreamed of in a dually as far as ride and comfort. The seats are like they were made for me. I got a great deal on it, too- 32K.

I get 18 MPG at 75, and the Dmax is so quiet you can stand next to the truck while it is running and have a conversation.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered

So which one gets the best MPG? Towing/not towing
Old 06-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Registered

i think the duramax/allison combo has the power stroke and the cummings beat hands down. and when you start stacking boxes on the duramax it becomes a real animal, I am a die hard gm guy and a gm tech but i think i would take the ford over the dodge any day and the chevy over both
Old 06-12-2005, 11:17 PM

I have always been a ford guy, until the duramax allison came out. I have two tuners and an intake on an 05 crew and it is an animal... The new 6.0 will put it to the pavement as well but it doesn't seem to live to long. I may not be 100% accurate with this next statement , but if its true you may want to wait and see what ford brings to the table before buying. The word on the street is ford is going to scrap the 6.0. and step into another direction.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousThundr
I have always been a ford guy, until the duramax allison came out. I have two tuners and an intake on an 05 crew and it is an animal... The new 6.0 will put it to the pavement as well but it doesn't seem to live to long. I may not be 100% accurate with this next statement , but if its true you may want to wait and see what ford brings to the table before buying. The word on the street is ford is going to scrap the 6.0. and step into another direction.
Yeah I have heard a few things about this latlely but so far it's all rumors. Nothing I put any trust in. When they do come out with something new though, I am a firm believer of not buying the first model year. Look at the early 6.0's and the early duramax's .
Old 06-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish they would just do the Cat/Allison combo and be done with it. Doug

Quick Reply: dodge vs chevy vs ford diesel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.