Notices

2008 F450 SuperDuty

Old 02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2008 F450 SuperDuty

Nice......

Not the biggest fan of the clark grizzwald family truckster quadzilla head lamps, otherwise sharp truck.

Nice to see how innovation/competition in this market raises the bar for everyone. Now, if diesel could just drop below gas prices again.....

Last edited by cbgenrl; 02-06-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2008 F450 SuperDuty

i was floored by the improvements in the 08 f450. i saw that my local dealer got one in and i stopped in the same day to look at it. agreed, dash is ergonomically correct for once , the turning radius is unbelivably better than even the improvements on the 05 f350. seating position is excellent with improved visibility 360 degrees. electrically folding AND retracting mirrors, superior design. i took an extensive test drive and it rides better than the newest f350. it even has a tailgate that has a step that folds out of it to get in and out of the bed easier! i agree, this blows the chevy away completely. supposedly it is at 80% torque at 2000 rpm, the model i drove had the 488 gear and at 2000 rpm it is doing 55mph. at 75 mph, the rpms are closer to 2700 and 3000 rpm is supposedly 100% torque of 650. with the 488 gear, the engine simply doesnt even labor at any speed where the 6.0 was working harder at 75 -80 mph. i log 20, 000 miles a month in my truck and i cant wait to get into my softer riding 450. i bought mine today and it is getting the line x sprayed in liner tomorrow and i take delivery tomorrow. lets keep this forum open for a while and i will let you know how it goes. i had my doubts about the 488 but not after the drive. it is consistant and barely even having to work at 75 mph. it should do a stunning job with a load behind. if you have a 350 now you will be drooling after a test drive in the 08. the navigation, subwoofer sound system, satellite radio , easy to use controls from the steering wheel, DUAL climate control. power moonroof in the 4 dr model. this thing is pimped out. it is one tough bad ass truck once you feel the wheel and how precicely the suspension responds and steering youll swear you are driving a race truck and not a 4x4.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by domson
i was floored by the improvements in the 08 f450. i saw that my local dealer got one in and i stopped in the same day to look at it. agreed, dash is ergonomically correct for once , the turning radius is unbelivably better than even the improvements on the 05 f350. seating position is excellent with improved visibility 360 degrees. electrically folding AND retracting mirrors, superior design. i took an extensive test drive and it rides better than the newest f350. it even has a tailgate that has a step that folds out of it to get in and out of the bed easier! i agree, this blows the chevy away completely. supposedly it is at 80% torque at 2000 rpm, the model i drove had the 488 gear and at 2000 rpm it is doing 55mph. at 75 mph, the rpms are closer to 2700 and 3000 rpm is supposedly 100% torque of 650. with the 488 gear, the engine simply doesnt even labor at any speed where the 6.0 was working harder at 75 -80 mph. i log 20, 000 miles a month in my truck and i cant wait to get into my softer riding 450. i bought mine today and it is getting the line x sprayed in liner tomorrow and i take delivery tomorrow. lets keep this forum open for a while and i will let you know how it goes. i had my doubts about the 488 but not after the drive. it is consistant and barely even having to work at 75 mph. it should do a stunning job with a load behind. if you have a 350 now you will be drooling after a test drive in the 08. the navigation, subwoofer sound system, satellite radio , easy to use controls from the steering wheel, DUAL climate control. power moonroof in the 4 dr model. this thing is pimped out. it is one tough bad ass truck once you feel the wheel and how precicely the suspension responds and steering youll swear you are driving a race truck and not a 4x4.
Congrats, and please keep us informed on how you like the gears and mileage at hwy speeds. Thansk Jeff
Old 02-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

the front end and entire dash area does look like the "clark griswald" family truckster....nice truck but the front end and dash do not appeal to me.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hp500efi
the front end and entire dash area does look like the "clark griswald" family truckster....nice truck but the front end and dash do not appeal to me.

The dash is one of my favorite aspects of how it is laid out and finished off. As to how the truck looks, I could care less, it's all about function, and how well this truck can do what it says it can do. Jeff
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
The dash is one of my favorite aspects of how it is laid out and finished off. As to how the truck looks, I could care less, it's all about function, and how well this truck can do what it says it can do. Jeff
Jazzer, U buy'n me a drink in Miami or what? If not, check your pm 4 my address and overnight me, say, a C note!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The tailgate ladder is a great idea.You think one of the big 3 would have thought of that before now. Interior would look better with bucket seats and a console. Is that a option?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
The tailgate ladder is a great idea.You think one of the big 3 would have thought of that before now. Interior would look better with bucket seats and a console. Is that a option?
Yes, U can get buckets in the front w/ a console and on the King Ranch U can get quad buckets w/ duel consoles!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I drove an 08 450 today with 4:88 gears. It was a very nice truck....however it road like a log wagon. I have 19.5's on my GMC dually now and it is a caddilac compared to this thing. Thank god I drove it before I bought it. I tow 17K and there is now way you would ever need a 4:88 gear.....the availible 4:30's would be the way to go even though you will more than likely have to special order it. It is also $10K more than I can buy an 07 GM dmax loaded without all the emmision crap on it. The straw that broke the camels back is the fact that a good friend of mine took delivery of an 08 350 and it is getting 11.4 mpg empty and 7.3MPG towing 18K gooseneck on the interstate with the new twin turbo so I am sure you can knock at least another 1mpg off for the weight and gearing of the 450. I could probably choke down the extra $10 g's and the harsh ride to look cool and have bigger brakes, but the MPG convinced me to trade my 2005 GMC dually dmax in for the exact same 2007 GMC dually and I have another $10g's to spend on gas in the boat this summer! I pickup the new jimmy tomorrow.
So how does the ride of the 08 F350 compare to the ride of your duramax and the F-450. I am planning on ordering one (F350 or 450) today and am worried about the ride of the 450.
I have an 03 DMAX and love it, but the ford is rated so much higher for conventional towing that I am going to have to switch over.
Thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 42MTI
So how does the ride of the 08 F350 compare to the ride of your duramax and the F-450. I am planning on ordering one (F350 or 450) today and am worried about the ride of the 450.
I have an 03 DMAX and love it, but the ford is rated so much higher for conventional towing that I am going to have to switch over.
Thanks.

I also have, and had 3 Duramaxes, they do ride better unsprung, like being used as grocery getter. It is a 3/4ton vs my 07 F350, the silver one you saw in the pic. When there is about 150 pounds in the back it is close with the exception of it is slightly tighter around turns. I love both GM and Ford. Both great trucks, they have their + & -, but for towing and hauling 500 lbs in the bed the Ford win hands down. I was always a GM man and never would even look at a Ford, it happened on accident in 03 when the GM dealer whom Id baught from for years upset me with the way the service writer treated my wife. I bought the Ford out of spite to piss him off. When I first got it I had some reservations. The trck grew on me after 2 days. I started using it for work and play thats when I realized why you see all the utility co, Comm. depts mainly use Ford. Maybe thats changing now, not sure. Drive them both and see what works for you. Good Luck and get us some pics, even if it's a Dodge(dont talk to Catman) Jeff

Quick Reply: 2008 F450 SuperDuty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.