Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone have a Bully Dog on their diesel? >

Anyone have a Bully Dog on their diesel?

Notices

Anyone have a Bully Dog on their diesel?

Old 03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Bully Dog on their diesel?

Thinking of putting one on my Dodge...can anyone share their experiences?

My biggest concern is that the trick only has 15k miles so I still have warranty - don't want to do anything to void it. Several have told me that as long as you take them out before service that they are undetectable. Thoughts?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

I have the Banks system that I installed the first week I purchased it. I don't know about BD, but Banks claims it doesn't affect factory warranty. They are Full of S$%T. I had a fuel pump gp bad and Dodge wouldn't warranty it because of the Banks.. When I called Banks about the issue, they told me to get a lawyer and gave me no support. It was my local dealership, Thompkinson Dodge, Fort Wayne Indiana that initailly declined the claim. They could have overlooked it.

Last edited by dukenrock; 03-04-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Thinking of putting one on my Dodge...can anyone share their experiences?

My biggest concern is that the trick only has 15k miles so I still have warranty - don't want to do anything to void it. Several have told me that as long as you take them out before service that they are undetectable. Thoughts?

The only system worth putting on is a smarty. It is the best, and can be stacked with numerous other mods if you want more power(and you wont). The TST they make is also great. The smarty leaves NO trace of itself so you can take it off and go get warrenty work. I wouldnt waste my time with anything else. www.smartypower.com

go to cumminsforum.com if you have more questions. those guys live and breath cummins dodge motors.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have the Bully Dog 6 Position Chip on mine, and I LOVE IT. Granted, my truck is out of warranty, but it depends on WHO works on your truck, and WHAT goes wrong if it does.

Once you insert the Bully Dog, or virtually any chip of that type, into the insert point on the computer, it scratches the contacts, and you can tell a chip has been installed. Its kind of an unspoken secret, but I am pretty sure that since the 'chipping' market is so ripe right now, that all of the Big 3 can tell via the computer's internal program that 'something' has been done at one time or another once you plug in a chip.

That being said, Shawn, your Dodge is the biggest sleeper out there. The Cummins is basically a medium truck motor detuned for a 1-ton. In other words, the motor can handle it. However, don't throw the chip on there without a new exhaust an a free-flow intake (NOT K&N). A motor is an pump. You need to increase the INLET and OUTLET before you increase the throughput of the pump.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

doint know i f i would put bd on mine .there was one at cummins alantic when i wat to got my filters that had a piston cooked becaus of bd . i want a box bad now that my 100k milege is up robbie .
Old 03-05-2007, 10:35 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

dont mess around......get a good tuner like smarty or TST or the both. TST has egt guage built in, but you should have those guages anyway.