Notices

2008 GM Diesel?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
nobody's said anything about the 496 8.1 they used to offer. how'd everybody like that engine?
My opinion... Great power and torque... just wouldn't be able to pass a gas station lol, didn't sell all that well in the trucks because diesel was available... A friend use to tow his 42 foot Fountain with his 2005 3/4 ton Suburban with the 8.1, 410's and Hypertech programmer... it did fine... No longer available in the new body Silverado or Suburban's they went to a new 6.0... Still available in the bigger trucks though
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...I will not let you come in here and push ppe...there tunes are chopped up and wrong!!!!!...They turn off many parameters of the computor....and over ride many tests that the trucks need....yes they make power at your trucks expense...when you see what they shut off...you will be totally pizzed off..but it will make power!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered

I think banks is the way to go when you're talking performance upgrades. or bullydog. i've had problems with edge.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Byrdman
well...I will not let you come in here and push ppe...there tunes are chopped up and wrong!!!!!...They turn off many parameters of the computor....and over ride many tests that the trucks need....yes they make power at your trucks expense...when you see what they shut off...you will be totally pizzed off..but it will make power!!!
SETTLE DOWN... I was not pushing there product I was saying we put one on a truck... It runs good... Yes they make power at your trucks expense... I like other tuners to be completely honest but they have nothing for the LMM and I was just letting people know that yes chips are coming out... Warranty work is easy to get done with a hand held programmer... Put the stock tune back on it and take it in... We are currently waiting for other chips to come so we can test those...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yea...well...I will tell everybody here about ppe garbage...somebody get me started
Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

start. lol.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nolan
SETTLE DOWN... I was not pushing there product I was saying we put one on a truck... It runs good... Yes they make power at your trucks expense... I like other tuners to be completely honest but they have nothing for the LMM and I was just letting people know that yes chips are coming out... Warranty work is easy to get done with a hand held programmer... Put the stock tune back on it and take it in... We are currently waiting for other chips to come so we can test those...
bullydog came out with theirs this week, predator supposedly close behind
Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Lets see...ppe stole our medium duty truck turbo combo....which by the way is wrong...cause they stole it 2 months into build when we were giving them feed back on there 2 other bad comb deals they sold us as right.....4 months later we have the right turbo combo with the correct tunes...nothing to do with ppe garbage....all built here...f them...why don't we ask them why they sell stuff to the tune of 20 gs and it is the wrong combo...and they will not re fund money for there 2 combos...how about 30 calls to get them to credit our card for misc. stuff that went back that was not right????...yes...I could ramble for a page here....they are just typical bolt on internet thieves...lurking on forums and picking ideas out of good swamp root shops!....I can sit here and tear them a new azz with all the crap...they do not build power...they steal it!...www.efilive.com do it yourself!...
Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been Beta testing an Juice/Attitude for Edge Products over the last month with stellar results.
I had one on my last F350 for 3 years that was flawless. Should be out in two weeks.
They did have a problem a few years back with a shut off issue but I believe that is "old hat" stuff and they do indeed stand behind thier product.
Dave
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info on PPE... I had no idea... I am interested to see how the Edge works I have heard alot of good thing about them... what HP level are you running on your truck Nordicflame?? how many stages on the edge?

Quick Reply: 2008 GM Diesel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.