Notices

heavy towing with f450

Old 09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone tell from the picture which one of them girls had the sex change?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think a Ford F450 would tow those girls or would you need a freightliner fl70?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
Can anyone tell from the picture which one of them girls had the sex change?
Not without either doing some heavy lifting or rolling the 4 of them in flour.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F450 is a good truck, but can use a little more power, I just pulled my 40 skater to loto, truck was fine until we reached all the hill climbs, I f i had to do over again i would go with the freightliner
Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by skaterchris
F450 is a good truck, but can use a little more power, I just pulled my 40 skater to loto, truck was fine until we reached all the hill climbs, I f i had to do over again i would go with the freightliner

TWO fully rigged, fully fuelled 40 Skaters on trailers doesn't weigh 21K/lb. Imagine pulling the load in question.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

many time's what Ive noticed is the load placement on the trailer. When my equipment or boat is off by 1-2" back on the trailer I will also get some swaying. Once you figure out the exact placement and remember that, my problem was solved. EXAMPLE: my 4300 Nortech needed to be where the very bottom back of the boat was about 2-3" forward the very last bunk. Very big difference if the back of boat was exactly on the last bunk. It made a difference of towing 60-65mph vs 70-75mph. Good Luck. Jeff
Old 09-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is not enough truck there to control 21g behind you after you look in your mirror to check your load then look up and mis interpret the brake lights due to sun or road blend...or you just plain screwed up again!....21g...lol
Old 09-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
There is not enough truck there to control 21g behind you after you look in your mirror to check your load then look up and mis interpret the brake lights due to sun or road blend...or you just plain screwed up again!....21g...lol
Nobody want to hear that.

That's why we get weekly posts askin if an S-10 pickup will pull a Cary 50- "If I'm not going very far and I'll be really careful". My guess is these same people have experienced more thana few unwanted pregnancies using these strategies.

I don't WANT to have to shell out for a dedicated tow vehicle any more tna the next guy. I too want Ferrari looks and handling, 4-wheel drive and 20K towing capacity but I still want to go through the bank or Wendy's drive-thru. Oh, yeah- it has to fit in my garage.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
many time's what Ive noticed is the load placement on the trailer. When my equipment or boat is off by 1-2" back on the trailer I will also get some swaying. Once you figure out the exact placement and remember that, my problem was solved. EXAMPLE: my 4300 Nortech needed to be where the very bottom back of the boat was about 2-3" forward the very last bunk. Very big difference if the back of boat was exactly on the last bunk. It made a difference of towing 60-65mph vs 70-75mph. Good Luck. Jeff
Yeah, but his problem doesn't occur when towing with similar trucks. An imbalanced trailer is going to wander regardless of what you tow it with.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
If you've towed it with similar vehicles in the past and not had any problems, you wouldn't think a truck as robust as the 450 would have much sensitivity to heavy tongue weight. Still, that's pretty much going to have to be the root of the problem if the issue goes away with light tanks- unless you're pulling a raceboat with saddles in the back.

is it squatting much when you drop the tongue onto the hitch ball? 2wd or 4wd?
It does squat much. Just what i think is wierd is with all the different trucks that i have towed this boat with. This is the only one that has a problem.

Quick Reply: heavy towing with f450

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.