Notices

Why never to buy a FORD!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to be a GM fan too- drew a paycheck from them in the 1970's. I drive a late-model Bonneville and it has been a good car, and am a huge old GTO fan- have two.
I owned 3 of their trucks including Suburbans through the late 80's and 90's and all them were junk. Switching to Ford in the year 2000 and after was a breath of fresh air when it came real trucks- the duallies and Excursion diesels owned have been nearly flawless.
As far as recalls go, all mfg's have them and deal with them in the best manner for one huge reason- to avoid lawsuits.
GM has a monster looming in its future once it figures out why some of their 2007-2008 Tahoes and Suburbans have self-ignited and burned to the ground. They're trying like hell right now to keep it quiet, but it will be 'news at eleven' before long.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

I do, I have one and it is at the ramp at least once a week. :-)

Originally Posted by Tote-N-One
I dont see any Nissan's at the boat ramp
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by happy hours
I do, I have one and it is at the ramp at least once a week. :-)
Are you the guy delivering the pizzas?

Sorry-had to do it!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CCstinger260

Sorry-had to do it!
LMAO

Old 02-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I need a MEFI 4 computer Charley, what can you get one for?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
A recall tells me the manufacturer is interested in customer safety and satisfaction no matter what brand it is.

I'm surprised they would handle it like you describe.
NO a recall is a way the manufacturer covers their ass because they don't want to get sued when the firestone's on their suvs explode or their cruise control blows up in your face.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I have been told by a few insiders, recalls not mandated by the nhtsa are considered only once the $$ total of possible lawsuits is higher than the cost in $$ of recalling the vehicles.

PS, most recalls in the last 10 years are due to the big guys demanding severe price reductions from their suppliers and that only means one thing. Quality of product goes down dramatically.

Prime example. Ford recalls a few milion Tauruses and Windstars to replace door locks. The locks seize because Ford demanded a 3 cent per lock reduction in cost. That 3 cents came from the cost of plating the lock bodies. Now the rust out in 3 to 4 years and sometimes they don't latch. So, 3 cents saved per lock = 12 cents per car but now costs approximately $100.00 per car to fix. Good math huh? Same goes for wiring and circuit boards and suspension parts and on and on.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jafo
GM has a monster looming in its future once it figures out why some of their 2007-2008 Tahoes and Suburbans have self-ignited and burned to the ground. They're trying like hell right now to keep it quiet, but it will be 'news at eleven' before long.
funny you mention this.... a couple weeks back I was a junkyard dog for a couple days looking for Cherokee parts, in EVERY yard I went was a completely toasted '07 Tahoe... and I mean thoroughly toasted.....
Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girlfriend had to use the Lemon law for her Escape. Mainly rotor issues.
She had to go thru alot of paerwork and a arribitration hearing thru the BBB, but they are now going to replace her 07 with a new 08 at no charge (invoice to invoice).
She has almost 30k miles on it. So shes happy now with Ford.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

Yup, I even use my cruise control on the way there. :-)
Originally Posted by CCstinger260

Sorry-had to do it!

Quick Reply: Why never to buy a FORD!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.