Notices

6.0 powerstroke

Old 05-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 powerstroke

Last couple of days if I go to take off faster than normal the truck seems to hesitate until about 2000 rpms, then it blows out a puff of black smoke and kicks in and seems to accelerate normal from there on up. Any ideas ??
Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stuck EGR. Remove it and clean it. Then, go to the dieselstop.com website and look up how to disable it. Your truck will run better all around.

If you have an early one with the butterfly valve, DON'T DROP THE SCREWS INTO THE INLET!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Stuck EGR. Remove it and clean it. Then, go to the dieselstop.com website and look up how to disable it. Your truck will run better all around.

If you have an early one with the butterfly valve, DON'T DROP THE SCREWS INTO THE INLET!
x2. Mine some how came unplugged and my truck runs alot better.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Registered

I tried unplugging mine and the check engine light comes on, so now I pull it and clean it about every 10,000 miles.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What year? I've done this on dozens of them and no CEL.

When I originally heard about this, I thought that might be an issue. I considered buying a second and just connecting it un-installed. I'm guessing the computer is just seeing a resistance value- someone must have a work-around.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin

I have a 2004, they just put a new egr and fuel filters on it about 2,000 miles ago due to a miss at idle and at steady speeds. Truck has 53,000 miles on it. IT did not seem to do it this morning when I drove to work ? Thanks for the replies...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja bailey
I have a 2004, they just put a new egr and fuel filters on it about 2,000 miles ago due to a miss at idle and at steady speeds. Truck has 53,000 miles on it. IT did not seem to do it this morning when I drove to work ? Thanks for the replies...
Are you using a fuel additive virtually everytime you fill up? The ULSD fuel is terrible on injectors and what not. Without the sulfur in the fuel, hence ULSD, the fuel does not have the lubricity that it used to. It is much "stickier" if you will, and without adding a fuel cleaner to it, that is the problem you will run into more often that not.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Are you using a fuel additive virtually everytime you fill up? The ULSD fuel is terrible on injectors and what not. Without the sulfur in the fuel, hence ULSD, the fuel does not have the lubricity that it used to. It is much "stickier" if you will, and without adding a fuel cleaner to it, that is the problem you will run into more often that not.
Yes I run the additive the dealerships sell for Ford Powerstroke about every tank, only miss putting it in every once in a while.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered

mine has god awfull turbo lag since the new flash, they can't seem to figure it out, but next week they have a tech from detroit coming this way.
Baja Bailey, did the flash your truck with the new update when they did the egr?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered

My future son-in-law just had his 05 Excursion into the local dealer and they did the re-flash, lost 3mpg, became a total pig(lost app 4lbs of boost and cut back fuel flow), even with the Edge installed it's a slug, and we've adjusted it all over the board, swapped programmers with my truck and nothing seems to help. the best boost we can get is 27 lbs with the programmer and before the re-flash it got 31 to 32 easily. and lost about 3 to 5 lbs of boost at a 70mph cruise, and ford is telling him that if he brings it back and complains they will re-flash again because ford now says that 24/25 lbs is where to program them.

Does anyone know if the wastegate/boost is mechanical or electronicaly controlled?

Quick Reply: 6.0 powerstroke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.