Notices

2009 Ford F250 tow question

Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
Dang.. forgot most important thing . Firestone air bags. No matter what you get,,, get a set of those on the rear. There cheep and my whole unit rides like a MB. I can control the air from inside the cab. I run about 60lbs.
I've got them and if it didn't cost so much to remove them I would. Ride is much worse than stock when unloaded.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I've got them and if it didn't cost so much to remove them I would. Ride is much worse than stock when unloaded.
WOW,, Really. I have the 10 foot camper with a slide out in the back of my dodge 3500 so I have about 4 thousand in weight but with 60lbs in mine, its like your ridding in a 745i Have the double tork hitch with a 18 inch extention so it will clear the back of the camper and I put about 600 pound on the ball. Put them on after camper was installed so I have to take your word for it without. If you have a dodge let me know. IN calif now, and run a 10 car stinger. Come right through DFW every trip. Brake out the grill and if I can get a 80 stinger rig down your street and you'll let them go , we might can work this out. Like mine well done.......
Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
That's why you don't run them pumped up with out a load. You are basically negating the suspension on the back of the truck running them aired up an not loaded. Of course it's going to ride like a dumptruck.

10-15 lbs. in mine unloaded.
75 lbs. when towing & loaded.

With my old 2 dr. Tahoe and 2500 Avalanche, I used to run 25-30 lbs. in them when not towing, just to keep the rear-sway under better control.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got 06 PSD and towing just over 11K. Hyd. over electric brakes, it tows fine, a dually would do better. The air bags are a must. I can tell that I'm to the outer limits of what should be towed with the truck.