Notices

Eco Boost...Max tow or not?

Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Really I needed information on what rear to pick.

Unfortunately a 3/4 ton truck simply won't work for my work needs.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep I hear ya...apologies for the derailment
Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paintman
Yes I did get a brand new 2012 2500 slt, ( obviously a leftover) and did receive no diesel upgrade charge, + about another 3000 in incentives

Do all the math you want...I've got nothing to gain or lose other than repeating my self
But I will try one more time, same amount to fill both trucks up at almost the same price, today around here diesel is .03 cents cheaper - and I'm going to try and be clear as possible - I'm getting 350 kms more (220 miles) per tank

Maybe I had a bad eco boost!! And a real good cummins!!!

Anyways the point of the op is getting lost, he asked for the opinion on the eco motor ( and yes buck my bad - with max tow) and all I was saying is while your at it check the 5.0 liter as well, seems like the people that have em love em
Right and I said it loses almost everytime there are going to be some instances where you can make the math work, ive owned two diesels and couldnt, in your instance where diesel is the same price and you bought the truck for the same price as a comparable half ton then it makes sense ill concede that you are probably right. But in the states diesel is always 30 cents more higher, at that point you can never get the math to work just not possible when comparing like aged trucks and trim levels.

Right it is getting off track.

But the OP get the 3.73 gears and max tow thats all you need.

Last edited by soldier4402; 09-04-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Diesel has actually been cheaper than gas several times this summer in Central IL.

If I were to buy another F-150 I would opt for the max tow. I believe I opted not to get it when I spec'd out my '10 FX-4 because of the mirrors. Which was stupid...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a whole other kettle of fish, I'm no expert ( this just in) but how is diesel more expensive than gas to produce, as I understood it diesel is less refined sooo in theory shouldn't it always be less?

Crazy that it's. 30 cents more down there as well.

And one last thing, I realize it's nothing new but how can the prices be jacked up like that and always before a long weekend

Last edited by paintman; 09-04-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by paintman
That's a whole other kettle of fish, I'm no expert ( this just in) but how is diesel more expensive than gas to produce, as I understood it diesel is less refined sooo in theory shouldn't it always be less?

Crazy that it's. 30 cents more down there as well.

And one last thing, I realize it's nothing new but how can the prices be jacked up like that and always before a long weekend
Its BS what it is. Im no expert either but refining is kind of like distilling spirts. They heat and do whatever and the oil goes up a tower at certain points they pull off different kinds of fuel, and diesel comes before gasoline, which means it takes less energy/labor/etc to produce it. Personally its priced the way it is because of supply and demand, they know our trucks and trains run off of it and we need it, we have no other choice.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

A big reason for the high prices is simple...demand. India and China are sucking it down like crazy.

Well it's settled: Bought a 13 XLT Super Screw with the Max Tow. Looks great. Somehow found everything I wanted. Mirrors are awesome, despite the fact they don't fold, I'm surprised dealers don't stock these.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
A big reason for the high prices is simple...demand. India and China are sucking it down like crazy.

Well it's settled: Bought a 13 XLT Super Screw with the Max Tow. Looks great. Somehow found everything I wanted. Mirrors are awesome, despite the fact they don't fold, I'm surprised dealers don't stock these.
Congrats!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR

Glad to hear you found one! Good luck with it, and let us know how it does with your boat.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Didn't find anyone who was pulling with 3.55s, so I figured better safe than sorry. Read some articles that they did pretty well but then I saw someone pulling a camper last weekend with an FX4 3.55. He had extensions clipped to his mirrors...figured that guy probably wishes he bought a max tow.

I definitely will update the thread when I get my boat out of the shop. It's in a damn hilly part of Austin so I'll know pretty darn quick how she does! Might be a couple months though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.