Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Getting a  Chev 2015 HD 2500 Duramax >

Getting a Chev 2015 HD 2500 Duramax

Notices

Getting a Chev 2015 HD 2500 Duramax

Old 01-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plan is to order a 2015 (I typed 2014 in the original post, but that was me living in the past!). My bro is an 'engin-erd' at GM so I get the family plan, can't beat the price that way.

Still, how much you asking? Who knows maybe someone else might be up for it. It is a sharp looking truck.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glboatdriver
Plan is to order a 2015 (I typed 2014 in the original post, but that was me living in the past!). My bro is an 'engin-erd' at GM so I get the family plan, can't beat the price that way.

Still, how much you asking? Who knows maybe someone else might be up for it. It is a sharp looking truck.

Cool. That's what we're ordering as well since we now have the DPF delete kits available for the 2015 LML I had to pull the trigger on my 2014 before we had any confirmation on the 2015 because I didn't want to get stuck with a truck I couldn't delete DPF and EGR on...

We're asking 52,995 / best on the 2014.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Registered

Mine'll be strictly on-road, so no deletes for me.

I think I'll go with white and get dark grey Line-x on the rockers and wheel flares. The Formula will look sweet behind it.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

As soon as my warranty is up in 4 1/2 years mine is getting fully deleted. Deleting egr/dpf is only bad for your warranty but great for the truck. Lol
Old 01-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glboatdriver
Sure am glad to read all the good things about the 2015 GM trucks. I'm ordering a 2014 Denali 2500HD and figure for the price I'll be driving the bloody thing for ever, so it better be dang nice!

wannabe, where did/are you getting your line-x?
Mine came with a bed liner, G4 folding cover, GM wheel flaps. bed step

Truck has 7800 miles and i love it. Did a trip to Georgia and back for work. Truck ran great. Also put a grille over tc cooler.
Attached Thumbnails Getting a  Chev 2015 HD 2500 Duramax-rogers-phone-141.jpg   Getting a  Chev 2015 HD 2500 Duramax-2500-3.jpg   Getting a  Chev 2015 HD 2500 Duramax-2500-2.jpg  

Last edited by wannabe; 01-04-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guys
I got a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD for sale. This truck is loaded. Quick Silver paint, dark ash interior. Camper mirrors. Now your asking yourself why am I selling a six month old truck is because I want the new folding mirrors and chrome backs. I already have the new truck ordered and will be waiting for me when I get home in the spring. Present truck sitting home in the garage with 15,235 miles on it. Took deliver of it May 2014. Made trips to Dallas, Florida and Michigan this past summer. As everyone has said the truck is awesome. I have mention this before the truck rides better then my wife's CTS Cadillac which we are driving now in Florida. I prefer driving the truck down here but she gets up set when she has to drive it to the store or goes on her shopping sprees. Pm if interest.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Guys
I got a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD for sale. This truck is loaded. Quick Silver paint, dark ash interior. Camper mirrors. Now your asking yourself why am I selling a six month old truck is because I want the new folding mirrors and chrome backs. I already have the new truck ordered and will be waiting for me when I get home in the spring. Present truck sitting home in the garage with 15,235 miles on it. Took deliver of it May 2014. Made trips to Dallas, Florida and Michigan this past summer. As everyone has said the truck is awesome. I have mention this before the truck rides better then my wife's CTS Cadillac which we are driving now in Florida. I prefer driving the truck down here but she gets up set when she has to drive it to the store or goes on her shopping sprees. Pm if interest.
Why not just swap the mirrors?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Why not just swap the mirrors?
Already looked into it. Not just plug and play. Mirrors alone over $1000 plus cost to install. Cost $240 from factory.There is a thread on the Duramax site about doing it. Need third button in between left and right mirror switch to fold mirrors in plus you need to run wires to each for Amber lights and new backup lights.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Guys
So GM is offering folding "camper mirrors" or are you referring to the smaller fordable mirrors? That would be an improvement over their existing hideous BUS MIRRORS. I still prefer the power extending type. They're a lot more subtle and most installation is nearly plug and play. They run about about 550-650 and come with heat and turn signal. If your truck already has folding mirrors you can use the same button.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
As soon as my warranty is up in 4 1/2 years mine is getting fully deleted. Deleting egr/dpf is only bad for your warranty but great for the truck. Lol

If you see what your heads and intake look like after minimal miles with the EGR intact you may re-think that. Not to mention going from 20+ MPG to 12-15 after every regen....... Now when GM releases their electric DPF in 16 or 17, the regen penalty may be minimal in comparison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.