Notices

Crappy ride

Old 09-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 38 X
Front to Back surge almost defines it the best, given this is my first gooseneck i'm not sure how they are supposed to or not supposed to act. I've only had it on and off the trailer twice now so still trying to figure out where it needs to be at on the trailer in the water vs on the trailer out the water...but def agree with the hard up on the front roller......I'll get the new wheels and tires on it and her leveled out before i do any more whining about the ride lol

This "front to back" statement makes me ask about the trailer axles. Are they torsion? Depending on the drop or ride angle of the torsion arms a front to back surge or buck can be felt running torsion axles. I get this on my smaller double axle trailer with torsions. My triple axle trailer is less noticeable with the bucking from the radius arms.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Huge Issue. I looked through you photobucket pics. The bow stop MUST carry weight !! It actually makes the flexing in the trailer stop.....
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
NICE looking setup. Folks 'dream' about gooseneck boat trailers here on OSO all the time.

You definitely need to get the trailer level. It looks like you have a fair bit of room to do so without worrying about contact. Worst case, when cresting steep ramps, you might need to drop the tailgate. Going to a notched-gooseneck tailgate might be the ticket as well.

If you are considering wheels/tires for the trailer, you would want to do that before you do any modifying on the trailer. You might be able to get an inch or two of height on the trailer by going to bigger wheels/tires.

Last, looking at the front of the trailer, I feel as though the boat should be resting on the bow stop. Is the boat bucking on the trailer at all, or is it rock solid? It looks like you have a couple straps going forward, but nothing up and down. I think you would have a much better trailer setup if you had the V-block setup like Myco, Manning, or Loadmaster, and the boat was securely planted on the bow stop. (Ditch that roller.)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...p-trailer.html
http://www.loadmastertrailerco.com/options2/#bowstop

[ATTACH=CONFIG]528811[/ATTACH]
Old 09-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
I used to run a 450 with 8" kit on 37's with a manning gooseneck and it pulled like a dream. I miss that trailer and wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of it.
You're in luck...you can have that trailer back. Just have to buy the boat thats on it. haha
Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the culprit! Yes got the boat on the stop after breaking a winch strap...but even then it still rode like chit!! Long story short...bad break booster...go figure!

Thank yall for all the help!