Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Looking for truck to pull 35 Lightning >

Looking for truck to pull 35 Lightning

Notices

Looking for truck to pull 35 Lightning

Old 08-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tf2ttt
Ford diesel reliability. Everything I've read says the Ford 6.0L is junk and the 6.4 is worse and the 6.7 is back to being similar to the 6.0. Since the truck will sit for a week at a time in summer and then all winter long, I was just a little nervous about going diesel.
I disagree - 6.0L did have its issues, fixable but not cheap - 6.4L had issues mainly related to Emissions equipment, easy fix and you have a absolute beast. They jury is out on my 6.7L for me, only 10k miles on it ( > 3,000 towing), but so far in stock form it is the most impressive truck I have owned. History is starting to build with that motor, and so far, apart from a few issues with early 2011 models, it is looking like a winner...

Me, I'd go the diesel route, but that's how I roll...
Old 08-27-2015, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Don't like the ford get a Tundra and fill the fountain with scanks, still lighter than the shuttle
Old 08-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Don't like the ford get a Tundra and fill the fountain with scanks, still lighter than the shuttle
Mmmmm I do love me some skanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePcl-ujFwis
Old 09-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Registered

i have 6.0 that has been stellar.

you made the correct choice for now. i guess if your needs ever change you can trade up.

if you dont run the ford diesels hard you will have issues.

congrats on the new ride. 12K is a lot to haul on the bumper of a SRW pickup.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Registered

Well I ended up buying a brand new 2016 F250 with the 6.2 gasser. Towed all last week and the truck did fine. It for sure doesn't have the same pulling power as a diesel like when driving at 55 and going up a hill but just give it more gas and it keeps rolling. I didn't get the whole rig out on any major highway but they way it towed at 55 on the road with hills I don't foresee any issues with that. Truck doesn't feel like it's being pushed around but I'm sure that brakes on all 6 trailer wheels helps with that. I did a hard stop test and the whole rig stopped pretty well. I'm pretty impressed with my new F250 so far. Not sure if it was because we're in KY but I got more compliments on my truck than the boat, LOL.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Nice boat.