Old 10-01-2017, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

correct
Old 10-12-2017, 02:31 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Finally got to tear all the old school surge actuator, master cylinder and other stuff out of the tongue today for the EOH conversion. Is there any need to use the wire from the reverse lockout solenoid which goes to the blue wire on the 5 pin flat connector for power? Does the plug and play system basically relegate the 5 pin flat connector to be just a standard 4 pin connector (5th pin-blue wire is dead)? I didn't think so, but then after thinking about it, I am not sure.

Answer to above question. Called Hydrastar today and asked them. No solenoid wire needed. 5 pin basically becomes a 4 pin with the blue wire dead and gone.

Now the latest problem. Dang plug and play wires from battery are not long enough from where the battery is mounted. Funny, the wires from the actuator are are too short and the main wiring harness to the tow vehicle is long enough to reach the back seat. Going to call them again tomorrow and try to get a longer (only 2-3 in. needed to connect) P&P battery wire made up from Hydrastar. Hope they make them or else I will be cutting the no hardwiring necessary connections and hardwiring to make the distance. Best laid plans!!!

Last edited by shunter2005; 10-12-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Mod.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Registered

Just an FYI. Hydrastar seems to be very accomodating. Talked to them this morning and they said they could have a longer P&P battery/breakaway switch wire made up. Would take about 2 two weeks as their cables are not made in house.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Registered

Finally on the last step of fabbing up my EOH wiring box. All that's left to do is cut one corner hole in the door for the wires from the actuator, finish disassembly and then off to powder coat. Hope to have it installed in the next two weeks. Can't wait to try out the EOH brake system.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:30 PM
Registered

Default The hits just keep on coming!!

Best laid plans....wiring box was at powder coat, so I went up to test the new system and bleed the brakes. Plugged everything together, pulled the breakaway pin and dang if it didn't work. Bled the actuator and then worked on the brakes. Of course, problems ensued. Reader's digest version. RR bleed screw would not move. Saw that caliper was floating around (found the bolt was gone). Took it off and looks like the piston is frozen. Could compress but it would not move after that, but as a consolation, I did get the bleed screw open and tried to bleed. It would not move much fluid in RR or any others. Decided to replace all calipers and pads. Got calipers, but out of pads (they should be here Thursday). Will inspect and repack all hubs, blow out all the lines, install new brake parts and hopefully not have to worry about brakes for a while.

Got wiring box back from powder coat and re-assembled. Ready to bolt on and complete. Simple conversion turned into a full R&R of the entire brake system. Ain't it fun??