Notices

New Truck Order

Old 11-20-2018, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Where's the prices going to STOP, 100K.....new trucks are out of site, I think Im going to look for a nice low mile 2/3 yr old one and let someone else take the hit,
They are all over the place. Local Ford dealer is a "fixed price" dealership, so right on the windshield is their lowest price, no haggling. Saw a nice looking 2019 F350 dually on the corner the other day for 54K, brand new 4X4 diesel. Seems like a ton of truck for 54K so I looked it up on their website and it was an XL, so if the "base" model is 59K sticker and 54K sale price then the higher trim levels for 20-30K more is what you are paying too much for. Truck has power features (windows/doors), of course AC, 4WD/Crew cab etc so it is really a nice truck but no leather, no sunroof, no power running boards, etc. but you are 20-30K ahead in money. I'm cheap and I would buy it and keep the extra cash especially if it was not a daily driver.

https://mullinaxford.com/sale/ford-s...8w3dt4kec95410
this was the truck
Old 11-20-2018, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery
I'll have to double check, but I don't believe the OnStar app is free any longer.
Slippery is correct! I have a new 2018 Silverado and after the one month free OnStar trial expires you no longer have the ability to remote start, lock, unlock, etc. from the app. You have to pay $12.99 (I believe) a month to have those options. I was NOT happy when I realized this. I called OnStar to express my displeasure and of course, they did nothing for me. Very disappointed with their new business model.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I just looked at the same dealer, a loaded F350 Lariat Crew Cab was 80K with an MSRP of 86K.....Sharp truck but 26K more is almost 1/3 more, I'd buy the XL
Old 11-20-2018, 09:36 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by TPro587
Slippery is correct! I have a new 2018 Silverado and after the one month free OnStar trial expires you no longer have the ability to remote start, lock, unlock, etc. from the app. You have to pay $12.99 (I believe) a month to have those options. I was NOT happy when I realized this. I called OnStar to express my displeasure and of course, they did nothing for me. Very disappointed with their new business model.
Related insight:
Reoccurring revenue is king in the current economic climate. Anything that ANY industry can do to get their customer base to "subscribe" or something that guarantees revenue for the future is something all companies are striving for, and the stock market and investors and the like measure such and reward improvement.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Personally i think the panoramic roofs are worthless. We have one on the wifes X5 and I never use it. I very rarely even use the sunroof in my dd- tahoe. the sun just blinds you from the top. I open the small vent opening at the most and that is very seldom.
Now on pricing- I have been looking at the GMC Denali Yukons- hell they are pushing 80K sticker. I think i will just put another 40- 50k on my 09 Hoe. I really like the 6.2 motor.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Cigs
This day and age, I would just say test drive them all and then purchase which ever you like and/or can get the best deal on. Either or is going to have their quirks.

That is absolutely correct! All can have problems, or quirks. High end pickups and SUV's represent the most profit in the manufacturer's lineup, so all are competitive in features, price and value. As long as fuel is relatively cheap, this trend will continue. An often overlooked but invaluable factor in the purchase is the dealer. A great dealer can offset the few hundred dollars you save when bottom fishing. On a borderline warranty issue, the dealer has substantial input with the factory that may save you thousands. Remember, all this tech doe's not come cheap! I would seriously consider extended warranty. My 2012 F-350 had a tranny cooler leak after the 5 year factory power train warranty expired. Dealer ended up replacing the cooler and lines to the tune of $1,700, and it only cost me the deductible of $100. Also, I love the Ford door key pad - lock the key in it and pound the pad to get in. Never loose a fob again.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Know some friends that keep the fob in the truck
Do like the Ford key pad, but all it would take is a guy and some binoculars and then they drive away with it next time
Old 11-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Around Northern Ohio you really dont save much on a 2-3 yr old diesel under 30k miles. What dealers pay on trade-in for those particular trucks is very high.
agree 100%, I just traded my loaded 14' Silverado duramax with 31k miles, bought it in October 15' with 15k, just traded it in last month on a loaded 17' Silverado duramax and only lost 3k in 3 yrs, scored the 17' with 7500 miles for 15k under new, and it still smells new, I don't mind owning a lightly used year old truck
Old 11-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Red face Things could be worse

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Know some friends that keep the fob in the truck
Do like the Ford key pad, but all it would take is a guy and some binoculars and then they drive away with it next time
Gosh, that never entered my mind - (Sarcasm) Then I get to pick a new one! LOL Happy Thanksgiving to all
Old 12-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Ended up finding one that had all my options and more and went for it. This thing is wonderful - can't believe how much more refined it is than my 2009.

Ended up with the full Platinum F-350 with FX-4 package, diesel and all the goodies - Moonroof, powered sliding rear window, 5th wheel prep-option, snowplow option, up-fitter switches, and all sorts of other crap that you can't believe they put on a truck - I mean honestly who the hell needs massaging seats (two different massage styles) and a push button tailgate? (although i like that because my kids play on the truck sometimes and I've always worried they would drop it on their head and knock themselves out). Love the LED lighting in the bed for when you are getting something out at night. Nuts the stuff that's on this thing.....

If anyone wants a 2009 F350 6.4 CC LWB Dually XLT with 97k miles that has towed about 9 miles a year let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.