Notices

2022 Super Duty

Old 08-30-2021, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Barr Hopping View Post
No, I didn't get it. We ordered a Lariat, I intentionally left off a lot of the electronic crap because I figured it would be more stuff to go wrong in the future. I've been keeping up with some of the Superduty forums and from what some ford employees are saying is ,yes, adaptive steering is one of the things causing trucks to be delayed due to chips.
We ordered Lariat Value package, I intentionally didn't get the adaptive steering, trailer backup, or 360 cameras...... Our current truck has the 360 cameras and I think we may miss that feature but the only way to get that option is to add the fancy steering and backup ****. I did add the chmsl camera which seems like a nice feature. Otherwise our truck will look like a crew cab long bed tremor lol.... 18" wheels, factory winch, snow plow/camper package so it will have the 350 rear springs, rear sway bar, and highest available front springs.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 594 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78 View Post
That Tremor package cuts the towing capacity considerably.
And you can build a "Tremor" for much yourself. Look into Carli Lift Kits if you want the ultimate in lift & ride comfort. I have a Carli Pintop kit on my 3500 Ram and it rides AMAZING.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerBurich View Post
We ordered Lariat Value package, I intentionally didn't get the adaptive steering, trailer backup, or 360 cameras...... Our current truck has the 360 cameras and I think we may miss that feature but the only way to get that option is to add the fancy steering and backup ****. I did add the chmsl camera which seems like a nice feature. Otherwise our truck will look like a crew cab long bed tremor lol.... 18" wheels, factory winch, snow plow/camper package so it will have the 350 rear springs, rear sway bar, and highest available front springs.
That's how mine is built. It's the Lariat Value package. The only thing I really would like to have had was the push button start. Mine came with the flip key. I guess my Platinum Expy spoiled me... That 360 camera sounds pretty cool, but I've never had it to miss it.
I just ordered a hidden winch mount. Pricey, but I wanted a winch and didn't want it hanging off the front of the truck.
It's funny what you said about the Tremor. When I first saw one I said, I'd love to have it. Now that I have mine and blacked out I think it looks like what a Tremor should look like other than the tires lol It came with 34s, but they still look a little small to me for some reason.
Something I just found also that's kind of cool. If you look at the Ford emblems on mine, I read that it's the first time in 100+ years they're black instead of blue.
I can't get over the MPG. I've gotten 23 mpg without a problem. I'm averaging almost 21. My 05 6.0L was 12 if I remember right...
I'm going to pick up 150 2x4s today so we'll see how she carries them. My guess? I won't even notice them other than the nicer plusher ride.

Last edited by HawkX66; 08-31-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 225 Posts

Tyler,

Why did you get the camper and snow plow package, that adds some stiff springs? I have been looking and thinking about the gas 7.3, if you order it in a 350 it comes with the 3.9 axle, its a cost adder on the 250? Seems strange. One thing that sucks is to get the upgrade headlights you have to take the higher option Lariat that gives you some stuff I do not want.

Hawk66, take a picture I would like to see how it sits with a load. I tend to us my truck as a truck not a daily driver.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
Tyler,
Hawk66, take a picture I would like to see how it sits with a load. I tend to us my truck as a truck not a daily driver.
I will. I'm curious too. This will be the first piece of work I've thrown at it.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
Tyler,

Why did you get the camper and snow plow package, that adds some stiff springs? I have been looking and thinking about the gas 7.3, if you order it in a 350 it comes with the 3.9 axle, its a cost adder on the 250? Seems strange. One thing that sucks is to get the upgrade headlights you have to take the higher option Lariat that gives you some stuff I do not want.

That's a great question. I have a 2019 F350 now that we ordered, with the 6.2 gas the only way to get the heavier transmission behind the 6.2 was to get an F350. Fast forward to 2022 year model there is very little difference in a 7.3 powered 250/350. I like how my F350 pulls now but we are likely to get a larger boat so I wanted a little more capability hence the 7.3 10 speed we ordered. I love the 4.30 gears in our 6.2 truck i'm sure they will be awesome for the 7.3 as well. When you order an F250 and get the Camper/Plow package it adds the F350 4 leaf rear springs and rear sway bar (our current F350 doesn't have rear sway). It also adds the heaviest available option front spring for that engine option. This should give us an F250 that is more capable than what we have now because of the added sway bar. Hopefully this answers your question.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerBurich View Post
That's a great question. I have a 2019 F350 now that we ordered, with the 6.2 gas the only way to get the heavier transmission behind the 6.2 was to get an F350. Fast forward to 2022 year model there is very little difference in a 7.3 powered 250/350. I like how my F350 pulls now but we are likely to get a larger boat so I wanted a little more capability hence the 7.3 10 speed we ordered. I love the 4.30 gears in our 6.2 truck i'm sure they will be awesome for the 7.3 as well. When you order an F250 and get the Camper/Plow package it adds the F350 4 leaf rear springs and rear sway bar (our current F350 doesn't have rear sway). It also adds the heaviest available option front spring for that engine option. This should give us an F250 that is more capable than what we have now because of the added sway bar. Hopefully this answers your question.
Thanks I get it, you will end up with a heavier sprung truck then the F350. I didn't see that the F350 came with a rear stabilizer so that is a reason for the camper package, good catch.

On the 4.30 gear I am wondering on that as well with the 7.3 I thought on one of the truck forums they said the 4.3 is a heavier axle, is that your understanding?
Old 08-31-2021, 10:37 AM
Registered

Ya know that's a damn good question about the 4.30 gear axle being heavier, I will look into that.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 231 Likes on 79 Posts

I was under the impression that you couldn’t get that low of a ratio with the 10sp trans.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78 View Post
I was under the impression that you couldn’t get that low of a ratio with the 10sp trans.
All 7.3 powered tremors are 4.30 gear standard, no other gear optional. If you get a 6.2 your only options are 3.73 or 4.30 but the 7.3 standard gear (non tremor) is 3.55 with 3.73 and 4.30 optional.
The following users liked this post:
Drock78 (09-02-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.