Notices

Deadly boat towing accident.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 2,194 Likes on 599 Posts

If he only had Haxk66`s Expedition this all could have been avoided. They have real big brakes.

I don`t understand why the people that cause these accidents never seem to be the fatalities.It`s always some innocent person minding their own business.
The following 3 users liked this post by ICDEDPPL:
cheech (12-02-2021), OFFSHOREJOJO (11-30-2021), Wally (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 03:23 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 253 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
If he only had Haxk66`s Expedition this all could have been avoided. They have real big brakes.

I don`t understand why the people that cause these accidents never seem to be the fatalities.It`s always some innocent person minding their own business.
Its the same reason drunks always survive and the other driver dies......

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wally:
ICDEDPPL (12-05-2021), OFFSHOREJOJO (11-30-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I saw the heading and thought it was this guy. Sadly it was not.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 71 Posts

My dad preached to me at a Young age it's not what you can tow it's what you can stop. He owned a travel trailer business back in the 50s and used to deliver 40 footers for years from Michigan to Florida with a Packard sedan with A big engine.

I spent my childhood in the middle of the front seat of the family 1969 special order from HIGHLAND Chrysler PLYMOUTH daul 4barrel dual exhaust 440 town and country Station wagon roaring down any given highway at 70mph towing the 23 Slickcraft loaded to the Gills with luggage, with parents and my other 7 siblings.

10s of thousands of miles with trips down to Florida every Christmas and spring break and every where else in the U.S. during the summer without even so much as a close call to an accident,

For Peace of mind Dad had that trailer serviced every couple months with new brakes that it had on both axles and new tires and bearings, never had a breakdown for the many years we Roared throughout the US.

Situation Awareness is something that is not common anymore but might have saved some of the victims lives, I treat every intersection as a possible demolition derby.

I hauled 50 thousand pounds of liquid condensed milk in a smooth bore Tanker trailer for a few years, that Chit is Unforgiving and does not corner or Stop, and I have witnessed a ton of Stupid drivers, commercial included, hence Eastern European, Curry Indian-ChiiiCago Riif Raf that don't belong behind the wheel of a 40ton truck.

Teach your Loved ones to DRIVE, not just drive.

You could have towed and stopped that boat with a Pinto If the trailer brakes were properly adjusted and working.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-17-2021 at 06:13 PM.