Notices

myco verses Nextrail

Old 03-27-2005, 07:39 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: myco verses Nextrail

Yeah James....Are you in FL? or did those Carlisle come apart this side of Emporia?
Old 03-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a major client throw me a curve ball this week, with some build outs that have to be done quickly. Possiblity, by the middle of the week to head down, not looking good.

Back to the question, Yes they do look better, but he is keeping the boat for the most part on a lift behind his house and only tows a couple times a year....I dont think it is worth the extra $$$$$ for that?????

And would you buy a boat or not just because it had a certain trailer??? I think not??? A trailer can always be changed very easy.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I am not familiar with Nextrail, but I can vouch for Myco. Myco builds a great trailer. They handle well, they hold up well, they support the boat well, they look great and their customer service is absolutely the best. Myco delivers a high quality product and they do it on time! With Myco, you will have your trailer when promised.

One thing to consider that is often over looked when comparing trailers is the bunk placement and support system under the hull. Even though a trailer looks good and tows well doesn't mean that it is taking care of the boat. The hull of the boat can be damaged on a trailer that does not evenly and correctly support the weight of the boat. Though the effects are greater while going down the highway, the hull can also be damaged on a poorly designed trailer even if it is just sitting in the yard for any length of time. With Myco, each trailer is made to fit a specific boat so that the hull is supported and cradled perfectly.

Again, I am not familiar with Nextrail, but I know that Myco does it right!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: myco verses Nextrail

Hello fellow boaters!

Try ABTrailers! www.ABTrailers.com
We are the only aluminum boat trailer manufacturer on the west coast! heavy duty aircraft aluminum IBeam frames, drop v bend torsion axles, ALL stainless steel fasteners and LED lights. give me a shout!

Lorraine
ABTrailers
www.ABTrailers.com
(818) 780-1594
Old 04-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Cheap ass crack open that wallet. MYCO or Nothin
Old 04-19-2005, 05:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Myco, Call and ask to speak to Bill Tweedie, Top notch people, when I picked mine up, got the tour, and each Myco is done according to blueprints and jig and WELDED, not bolted together. When I went to load up the Tiger it sat perfect, whole load up took less than 15 minutes, took longer to thread the straps. the thing to me about the bolted together ones (I have one under my 311) is the flex when turning at ramps and backing. it puts quite a bit of load on them and you can watch them twist and the boat does some crazy aerobics while it is flexing.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered

no doubt, Myco is an awesome product. If I had the extra ching, I'de buy one. But for price and reliabilty the Nextrail is a good (not great) trailer.

We have a Nextrail, formerly Towmaster, (3 years), pulling a 28 Pantera (5500#) up and down the east coast and haven't had any problems yet . Now that I just cursed my self, I'll probably losean axle on the next trip.

You'll be very happy with the Myco, but will not be dissapointed with the NEXTRAIL

http://www.nextrailofamerica.com/

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 04-25-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Registered

Get the Myco! They have all the blueprints to the hulls and when you receive your trailer it will be stamped with the make and model boat. If it's a stepped hull, like mine, go for the Myco. Fits like a glove under my boat!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Get the Myco, Aluminum. Also Dan, If interested I know a real nice guy , that has 2 unused cradle bunks for that Chief, call me.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

my opinion may be a little biased because i am the founder of nextrail . call me at 18009288533 .my name is brad sprecher and i will give you all the honest answers you need to make an informed decision

Quick Reply: myco verses Nextrail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.