Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Velocity Owners News >

Velocity Owners News

Notices

Velocity Owners News

Old 11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve will call you back but that is not who I was refferring to.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I think when someone from the factory says they will call you back ,they should but that is not the case so there for I am looking elsewhere or to just buy something used.I for many years have been there best spokes person and best salesman and as Rodney Dangerfield said it I get no Respect.I have owned Velocitys for years and spent alot of money with the company but that means Hmmmm,nothing I guess.New products or old,with out the consumers being happy that is your worst advertisement that there can be,thanks Kenny for the returned calls on my new boat.HMMMM Maybe they lost my phone #
WOW BIll, Sorry To here you will be leaving us . As one that has just sat back and read all your rant and raves about velocity i have not heard to much positive from you about velocity .other than bad. The only good i have heard is about you and your boat That ragged bought and created. So unless i missed something or took this the wrong way ( i'll apologize). also you have been buying that new boat from velocity for how long now ? But this is just how i see it. I have owned 2 velocity's 22 and 32. I have been in one of the quickest outboard 22's( BP). one of the most insane 26's outboard (BP). and one of the most wicked 30's (Ray Rosenberg) So if you want to toot your own horn, Bye all means do. But don't say you Are thier best sales man or thier best spokes person.(read some of your old blogs) Just my poor little 2 cents. Curt P>S How many new velocityies have you bought?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered

Sorry To rant. Ran out of room above. All these boats and people i have mentioned have been loyal velocity people and have stood behind velocity as a whole and would all bye another one. So to Steve and Kim and velocity as a whole group my hat is off to them. Don't let one hyper person speak for the rest of us. Curt
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

Hey Curt,great second post,dont get on me because it took you how many years and wasted how many peoples time about buying there boat,back off.I am a little different than most I do not sugar coat the truth nor do I want to start now,and yes I bought the boat used,that as you say someone else created and yes I have totally gone through the boat from front to rear and it is what it is.I have only recently tried to buy a new one so you really should not comment on what you no nothing about.I have always spoken very highly about the product and still do but what you are referring to as negative is the truth and if you think I am lying about needing some quality control in past years,just ask around and you will get the real truth and maybe then you will see what I was talking about as well as many many others.The product that is being produced now is a much better than in the past because of the quality controls in place and Steve listening to his customers.OK with that being said I have never personally attacked you in a verbal manner so I dont know where that came from but what ever.PS How many transoms have you put in a Velocity,would you like to know how many I have done and they are a ***** to do but yet I would still buy another one I think that says there that I believe in the product,also I went to the man himself and disguessed my thoughts and feelings and like I said I dont beat around the bush and that is my 2 cents.Wow you have ridden in some really fast Velocitys as well as many others and you are my HERO and how many new Velocitys have you owned.NONE.New or used it does not matter,believing in a product and being totally happy with certain things are different and I have corrected all of mine and I am once again very happy and as far as spending money with Velocity I have spent alot but I dont think I have to justify my spending to you,only the man that has cashed those checks.PS if you dont like the truth,I dont know what to say but in reality the truth is sometimes hard to take.

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 11-12-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Registered

Not getting a return phone call from Kenny was nothing personal I'm sure. I heard through the grapevine that he had some life threatening surgery this past August and has had some down and recovery time to deal with. That, and with the back and forth turnover of GMs, I'm sure it's been hard on the company's morale. Cut them some slack, because when things settle down, they'll be doing great again, like always

I know Kenny and I'm sure he really does care a lot about his owners and the business.

How about calling him back and asking how he has been doing since his bran surgery this summer ? Then you could re-ask the question ? I'm pretty sure it's NOT about snubbing your questions, but about having the surgery. He may have just forgotten. He didn't return my phone call either so I called back. That's when I heard he was was having surgury.

EE MN Velocity Owner

Last edited by evileye; 11-13-2007 at 04:27 AM. Reason: more
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered

Hey no problem , And i'm sure if you talked to steve about your transome. i'm sure he offered to do it at cost or not much more to make it right and what i was getting at is you post something and 3 days later clean it up . Such as your (BETTER THAN NEW COMMENT) and your comment at the top of this forum.BUYING SOMETHING USED OR GOING ELSEWHERE . But my bad since you changed your mind already AGAIN Just had one to many beers and read alot of your blogs and several of us velocity owners are confused as to where you are always coming from . Curt P.S. I heard you say you were buying a new 39 or 41 about three years or so from the factory at the last v fest in North east .
Old 11-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Registered

Curt,I have wanted to buy one for a few years,but unlike you I do not waist peoples time until I have the CASH to pay for a new toy,not borrow the money.I have heard for years that you were going to actually buy a boat and stop free loading rides and that took you several years and alot of peoples waisted time before you ever bought,so mind your own buisness and dont worry about what I do and focus your attention on your own buisness and not like a little 2nd grader worrying about other peoples buisness.If you want to disguess this you have my phone number call me,Kenny from the factory just did.Also I never said what I was going to buy if anything but if I do I will ask for your permission so keep your opinions to yourself about me on a personal level,because in reality you only know who I am but you do not know me just like I do not really know you ,just who you are and that you also like many others bought a used boat from a private owner that says Velocity on it.PS if it is any of your buisness I will call you and fill you in on it but until then mind your own buisness,there Mr Single Screw

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 11-13-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sooo........Think we'll go metric?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

Bill, Not to gang up on you, but YOU have claimed to be the "Best Spokesperson" and "Best Salesman" for the brand. That being said, I can go through this Velocity section and find numerous bashes toward the brand. You have assumed that all Velocities have the same WET TRANSOM problem as the USED 32 that you purchased from RAGGED EDGE. You never blamed RAGGED EDGE for selling you the sponge?!?!

After 15 years of FREE LOADING rides, I purchased my own Velocity. And by the way I PAID CASH! After I had redone some things on the boat and repowered it, never did I claim it was BETTER THAN NEW. (1986 with a DRY TANSOM, imagine that!) I have also talked to Steve in depth about the 22 hull and some of the common quirks. He was more than happy to answer any and all of my questions. I had also dealt with Kenny on getting some seat problems squared away. He was more than helpful and RETURNED MY CALLS!

I am not trying to trash you nor am I defending my brother. I just feel that you could be a little more stand up about the problems you have with the brand instead of trashing them all over the web. IF you have any problems you can call me.

Dwayne
484-256-5004
Old 11-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Rick, I know it is a ways off, but I am looking to make the trip to Lake Norman in 08. If you can, keep me/us posted on that. If you want to try the props that I have on your 22, just let me know, I will get them to you. Thanks for the info.

Dwayne

Quick Reply: Velocity Owners News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.