Velocity Owners News >

Velocity Owners News

Notices

Velocity Owners News

Old 11-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Velocity Owners News

Did you know that if you are a Velocity owner, that there’s better then a 75% chance you live in one of the below states. That’s right, the top 10 Velocity states comprise over 75% of all owners on company record. If you slice it down to the top 5 states, over 55% of the owners reside there. So if you want to be where the Velocities are - you simply have to pull up stakes and move to one of these states! I’ll let you know if I’m successful in getting my employer to give me a relocation package to Florida! On second thought, my odds are better playing the Power Ball!

1. Florida
2. New York
3. Maryland
4. Virginia
5. Pennsylvania
6. Michigan
7. California
8. North Carolina
9. New Jersey
10. Washington

So what’s the best way to meet fellow owners? Ten years ago we could have published and circulated an Owners’ Directory but today with identity fraud rampant and information privacy a real concern, this just isn’t possible. Fortunately in the last ten years, internet message boards have become firmly established and do a great job connecting people. If it’s practical, an even better way is to attend an event on the forthcoming 2008 Velocity Schedule. What’s practical however, is ultimately determined by specific owner demographics.
An owner’s residence certainly influences attendance at a Velocity Owners function or other Poker Run. It’s easy to understand that the closer the event, the more likely the owner is to attend. Furthermore, the more owners in an event area, the more Velocity Owner attendees there’ll be. While you can always count on perhaps a handful of dedicated road warriors to trail hundreds of miles to an event - you definitely need a strong local contingent of owners to make for a large, successful gathering. Just like in real estate - location is everything. A popular Poker Run or Fun Run that’s located in a “Velocity Owner Hot Zone” which happens to be adjacent to another Hot Zone, will especially draw Velocities. The Jacksonville (FL) Fire Fighter’s Run is just about ideal as it’s in Florida (the number 1 state) and in “trailer range” of North Carolina and Virginia. For the more southern Florida owners, the Sarasota Poker Run is a perennial favorite. Velocity Fest’s traditional home on the Chesapeake Bay leverages the large Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey base of owners. Although North Carolina doesn’t have the sheer number of owners that other locations have - it has a very well organized core of owners and a truly unique Poker Run venue that makes the trailer trip worthwhile for out-of-state’rs. You can count on any of these events to have a large representation of Velocity Powerboats. What about New York State outside of NYC? Are there any favorite Poker Runs or other gatherings that numerous New York State Velocity owners like to attend? Are there any on the Finger Lakes, the upper Hudson or perhaps in the Thousand Islands area? Please let me know and I’ll propose them for the 2008 Velocity Event Schedule.

Lastly, check out the pictures of the new and very innovative, 30’ Velocity SUB that I mentioned in my last correspondence. Please let the factory folks know what you think.
http://www.velocityboats.com/300.html

Sincerely,
Rick Engstrom
Velocity Owners Group
Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think when someone from the factory says they will call you back ,they should but that is not the case so there for I am looking elsewhere or to just buy something used.I for many years have been there best spokes person and best salesman and as Rodney Dangerfield said it I get no Respect.I have owned Velocitys for years and spent alot of money with the company but that means Hmmmm,nothing I guess.New products or old,with out the consumers being happy that is your worst advertisement that there can be,thanks Kenny for the returned calls on my new boat.HMMMM Maybe they lost my phone #

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 11-06-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I think when someone from the factory says they will call you back ,they should but that is not the case so there for I am looking elsewhere or to just buy something used.I for many years have been there best spokes person and best salesman and as Rodney Dangerfield said it I get no Respect.I have owned Velocitys for years and spent alot of money with the company but that means Hmmmm,nothing I guess.New products or old,with out the consumers being happy that is your worst advertisement that there can be,thanks Kenny for the returned calls on my new boat.HMMMM Maybe they lost my phone #

Better they loose it before they get your money,,,,,,, than after.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey all i want to know is where is the next V-Fest
Old 11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Own A Velocity And Before Purchasing (and During Ownership) The Factory Has Been Super Helpful.... Kenny Was Instrumental In Me Buying My Boat And Was As Helpful If Not Even Moreso Once I Owned It... I Recently Met With Him At The Factory And Once Again He Was More Than Accomadating... And My Purchase Was Not From The Factory Or Even An Affiliated Marina....
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Sounds good joe I hope to steve stepp and ask him a few questions some time
Old 11-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wet_rat
hhmmm, and to think I was going to give them a call to help with my hull damage and soft cabin floor--they don't know me at all, what are my chances of a returned call?
good , if you don't get him let my know i will get him for you
Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

i have had a Velocity since 1998 and while have not called the factory frequently I have always had my questions answered promptly, often by steve Stepp himself. The first time i called was about a used Regal Velocity and although he was no longer with Regal he answered my questions honestly giving the good and the bad. The Regal was my first Velocity and my next was a Real Velocity. This was in part due to Steve's willingness to help a almost customer.

While I am in the far Western section of New York but would travel to the Finger Lakes for a Velocity get together.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Id like to talk to steve stepp sometime think it would be cool and take him for a ride (not that it would be anythign new to him but just because)
Old 11-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wet_rat
hhmmm, and to think I was going to give them a call to help with my hull damage and soft cabin floor--they don't know me at all, what are my chances of a returned call?
Steve is a very hands on guy who is in the shop 90+% of the day so you'll most likely have to leave a message for him. In your message let him know the year & model (eg. 1999 320 w/ 7.4 MPI's?), that you recently bought it and looking for his advice on how to best diagnose and then fix a couple of problems with your boat. If you provide the info up front, what you want and show the same kind of respect that you'd like to be shown, you'll likely get a call back within a business day or two provided Steve's not travelling. Steve will tell you what to look for and how best to fix it.

Quick Reply: Velocity Owners News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.