Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Velocity Owners News >

Velocity Owners News

Notices

Velocity Owners News

Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SS32's Boat. It went to England as a support boat for the yellow race boat above. It was originally rigged as a twin Volvo Penta setup. With that set up it set the record from Poole, UK to Cherbourg, France. As stated above it was converted by Cougar UK to the single engine config. The rest of the info is posted above by SS32.
Attached Thumbnails Velocity Owners News-32-air.jpg   Velocity Owners News-dscn0137.jpg   Velocity Owners News-dscn0144.jpg  

Old 11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Things have been great. Not much boating though. Been tied up with business. Looking forward to getting out on tour quite a bit next year.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

Yes i Know what you mean we started to dig into the trailer and just decided to Buy a new one so i've been shopping around so at least that will be one less thing to worry about next year. Afew of us here in pa want to atleast make the LNM runand i think me and my bro will hit smith mountain lake in early may.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

More SS32's boat.
Attached Thumbnails Velocity Owners News-dscn0417.jpg   Velocity Owners News-dscn0418.jpg   Velocity Owners News-2021195660077728306apjxld_ph.jpg  

Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
Bill, Not to gang up on you, but YOU have claimed to be the "Best Spokesperson" and "Best Salesman" for the brand. That being said, I can go through this Velocity section and find numerous bashes toward the brand. You have assumed that all Velocities have the same WET TRANSOM problem as the USED 32 that you purchased from RAGGED EDGE. You never blamed RAGGED EDGE for selling you the sponge?!?!

Dwayne
484-256-5004

Wow!!! I leave for a few days to close the deal on, and bring my new to me, and second Fountain, home and the chit here. You guys are something else. We are all loyal to our chosen brand and often get into bickering over which brand is the best, but you guys are bickering with each other.

The reason that Bill / HYPER has never blamed me for the "sponge" is because I was 100% straight with him when selling the boat to him. I had explained the problem with the boat, even shared the estimates to repair the water soaked transom, how I found it, and what I thought it would take to correct the problem. Bill felt he had the ability and facility to deal with the problem, and I understand he has done just that. Last I knew no one from Velocity has sent him a check to cover THEIR mistake. So don't assume that I am some POS that sold someone something without being honest about the true condition.

Single Screw 32, Yes I did buy the Ragged Edge new, I created the thing. The paint work, the power transplant and rigging, what was and still is, to my knowledge, the quickest 32 Velocity out there. When Bill / HYPER bought the boat from me a few years ago he earned the right to lay claim to that fact. He's upgraded some things on the boat and corrected the deficencies, he has the right to lay claim to what he has.

I can understand when you guys bust on me for owning a f'n Fountain, did I mention second one now , but this guy owns your brand. Did he happen to mention it's not his first Velocity?

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-13-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Registered

Hey, Ragged You are almost right in the things you said . But that was not what broke the camels back so to speak. He Stated that he was velocities most loyal customer thier best sales man and spokes person. Then turns around and puts it out thier in the same exact blog and says since no one returned my call from the factory on my new purchase i will be buying used or shopping elsewhere. Then you jump on his bandwagon in the very next blog and said better now then when they have your money !!!! Then 2 other people start questioning about velocity . I
know for a fact that something must have happened to kenny/ Steve and everything going on that his call was not returned. he could have called someone else or tried again instead of firing off on a national website about his problem. But like i said in my other post don't say you are or were thier #1 guy and then bash them for not answering his call on his new purchase . Its all in the blogs on this very same forum including your comment.He is all beside himself that i singled him out but i just had enough of the split personalities on here and stated my very own opinion. Sorry to offend if i did but i feel very strong about velocity and crew. Do not praise them for 600 blogs and then bash them for 2 or 3 then praise them again. congrats on your second purchase of a fountain and know that you finally got your name back enjoy it . Curt
Old 11-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Curt,you dont get it and never will because you dont know the whole story and as usual you are jumping to conclusions about me and what I am buying or doing.I do not feel that what I say or do in reguards to Velocity is any of your buisness unless your last name is Stepp and when the man himself agreed that I had a legitamit gripe well I guess that speaks for its self.If you new half of what you think you do in reguards to the situation well then I guess you would not have started in on me.I have bragged the brand for years and I still believe in it but when you are thinking of spending alot of money your expectations are very high and when that does not happen,you get pissed,just like the transom,I knew that around the tail pipes was wet but when I got in to it,the entire transom was soaked and never glassed together on the top that really pissed me off and would you to if you were to see that but then again you I think would be happy and not say a word.Like I said I went to Steve as well as Kenny and Clay and let them know as well as sent them photos and they agreed that there was a problem from the beginning.So when I say that it is better than it was when it was new I can truly say that so back off and do not comment until you know the entire story,SO ONCE AGAIN Mind your own buisness.OH by the way I do not have split personalitys,only one and it is called the truth,and if that bothers you dont read it.

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 11-14-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Ragged, I am glad to hear that you were honest about the wet transom. That just makes it a little harder for me to understand this whole ordeal?!?! My 1986 did not have any of the holes in the transom sealed and it is not rotten! But the transom assy. has never been off and was/is sealed. Were the transom assy's ever off of the 32 when you owned it. Was the exhaust ever changed when you owned it. Not that those questions are relavent but I would be curious as to what the answers are. If I remember correctly, the boat didn't even have matching drives when you sold it. (Could be mistaken?)

I work on cars for a living and realized that there are always bad one's in the bunch! Same goes for anything man made!!!

As for the current condition of Bill's boat it looks great! He has a lot of time in it and should be proud of his work. We all put time and money into our boats at one time or another and are always proud of it. Others just run them to the RAGGED EDGE and sell them!!

Good Luck with the Fountain.
Dwayne
Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dwayne,the boat had matching drives on it when I bought it but I kept braking them so I bought a pair of Imcos.The main water leak problem was where the transom and the deck and the swim platform come together,it was never glassed together and never bonded or sealed but you never would know that until you pulled it apart.It had 6 inch gaps with no glass over them on the left and right sides and the inner transom wood that is glassed in place was glassed over but not attached on the top.With all of this being said and all the negative info you are requesting I do not want to hear that I am bashing but stating the truth so now you can understand why anyone would not be happy and that is the facts.So now you know why the transom was a sponge and had to be completely re done like so many others.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Banned

I called Kenny on Monday, had a great conversation for 30 minutes or so. After detailing my issue he asked that I bring the boat to him so they can assess the damage themselves. He gave me his cell phone number in which I returned call to inform him of my intentions to be in Sanford this Monday morning. Sorry to hear of others call back issues, hope all is well now

Quick Reply: Velocity Owners News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.