Prop Blowout on twin Outboard >

Prop Blowout on twin Outboard

Notices

Prop Blowout on twin Outboard

Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
PS The 320 in your avater who now owns that boat it used to belong to Ted Link here in Delaware.
I was wondering the same thing. Is it up and running yet?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

A number of years ago my uncle had an outboard sonic with twin 2.5's and choppers. His reacted the exact same way. As soon as the bow would roll over onto plane, the props would blow out. pull back on the sticks a bit, then get into them again and everything hooked up. It may just be the nature of choppers in this type of setup. I'm not an outboard expert though.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Hyper that is exactly how I run it. Theres alot going on at take off. First I drop the bracket till just a few inches below the cowl pan. Punch it. If I tried to ease into it to much the motors want to stumble (the nature of the 260/280s still on analog). As fast as you can ease up on the throttles then punch it hooks. The porta bracket switch is on one throttle,trim the other.It gets real busy real quick,but, once on plane I like the handling and acceleration of the props with the ability to change the X- dim. on the fly. The 32 in my avatar was a shot I pucked up somewhere. It looks like a rocketship. I like the looks , but I am happy I only have to motor$$$$. Thanks for the advice Hyper and Shore. Mike heres some more photos. Should have a video soon!!

Last edited by bulletbob; 02-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

photos
Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Bob i have a few of mine on here. I liek the color of the V in the 32. A frined of mine has a 21 checkmate with a 275 Evenrude or so. The way he drive it is when takeing off, he lets the prop slip by hamming the throttle, as it come on plane he pulls it all the way back and slams it foward as fast as the eye blinks. For that split second that there is not powere it allows the prop to hook then it just takes right off. Neck snapping if you will. Last time i was wounded in battle with a cut on the elbo from that haha. NIce pics Bob
-Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Hey Bob ever run into MikeS280 Down there? Good guy helped me a ton with my set up and running issues along with an over heating problem. Great Guy
-Mike
Old 02-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

Mike I did meet several of the NC boys in Palatka Fla. at the toys for tots. Great bunch of guys! TJ has a great website. Mike and his brother were there. Very knowledgable guys.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Yes i know mike is thats why i had him on speed dial!! when i rigged my boat. Hope see you and those guys sometime.
Mike
Old 02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Mike I did meet several of the NC boys in Palatka Fla. at the toys for tots. Great bunch of guys! TJ has a great website. Mike and his brother were there. Very knowledgable guys.
hey Bob yes i was riding with tj down there do you remember this boat this is garys boat my brother nor i had ours down there but garys runs pretty good
Attached Thumbnails Prop Blowout on twin Outboard-tjs-pics-178-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

Hard to forget that boat. We were running 84 Wot with fuel to big boys and 50 qt. cooler of beer when he walked away from us. Nice paint also. Look forward to the summer. You guys are going to have to show us around Norman. Hope your water is comming up. 72 degrees, sunny and lots of water. Is Garys boat 26' or 24' it appeared shorter,but, I have the motors hanging off the back of mine?

Quick Reply: Prop Blowout on twin Outboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.