StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

After the boat was crashed in KW. The boat was put back together with a new cockpit configuration. I know it ran a Coor's Light a time or two and I guess Mr Roberts. I thought Tony Roberts and Dick Fullum were buddies....
Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Mr Roberts and Still Crazy are not the same boat. Remember Mr Roberts Won the Worlds in the Aluminum Cougar at the same event (Week) that Still Crazy Stuffed. It is similar but not the same boat.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding thread and a great story.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, I know there were different boats. Curtis was throttling Mr Roberts in 85 when they won, the same year as the accident. Roberts put the Still Crazy back together and raced it later....
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedDoc
The Mr Roberts and Still Crazy are not the same boat. Remember Mr Roberts Won the Worlds in the Aluminum Cougar at the same event (Week) that Still Crazy Stuffed. It is similar but not the same boat.
The aluminum robert's cougar is my old boat. The same boat Joel Halpern was killed in in NOLA in '81. Ex Michelobe Light.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
I thought Tony Roberts and Dick Fullum were buddies....
They where, Dick was going to be Tony's Buisness Partner in the Boat building Biz. Tony Had already commited a Butt Load of money to Cougar and couldn't back out after the accident, which left him a little bitter, thats why he started Splashing all their hulls. Steven was going to stay in Miami and work for tony but everything unravelled and Tony got stuck out on his own.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
First off, I'm sorry for your loss..., I hope this project gives you some peace of mind.
After reading some of the other threads, I saw where Mike's daughter Kelly Poppa was looking for information on the the Cougar Cat Still Crazy. Well last week I was in Ft Myers and came across a Cougar Cat behind a shop. I believe this was "Mr. Roberts", previously raced as "Still Crazy". The hull didn't have paint, just weathered aluminum. I didn't get up close and didn't take photos since I didn't have my camera. If you are interested in seeing the boat, it is on Pine Ridge Rd., between Kelly and Gladiolus Dr., on the East side of the road about 300 yards behind a shop. I don't know for sure if this is Still Crazy-but you may want to check it out. I hope all goes well with the restoration!!
Bob
Are you talking about the Aluminum Cougar that is in the storage facuilty on Pine Ridge? If so that boat belongs to a friend of mine. If you are interested in it let me know and I can get you in contact with him.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
The aluminum robert's cougar is my old boat. The same boat Joel Halpern was killed in in NOLA in '81. Ex Michelobe Light.
Same as Cabrera Bro's.... ( I actually Cleaned up The Blood and "Matter" out of that hull )
Old 10-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Maritime-yes that is the boat I'm talking about.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Are you talking about the Aluminum Cougar that is in the storage facuilty on Pine Ridge? If so that boat belongs to a friend of mine. If you are interested in it let me know and I can get you in contact with him.
That boat is the old eric's reality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.