Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Anyone get rid of the pods? >

Anyone get rid of the pods?

Notices

Anyone get rid of the pods?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a super clean look, this is what the boat would look like with out the pods or windshield.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm with nobody
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice.....I do love the clean look. That's is pretty much the look I'm going for although I don't think anyone could get THAT clean of a look. That picture must have been taken right after painting correct???? I see no reg#'s, rubrail, nav lights, cleats etc etc.....

Like the painted trailer also.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you like wind in your face....... Without the windshield or windscreen and no pods you will be getting a face full.

I boat in Michigan on the detroit river in early spring and late into the fall. If I didn't have a windshield I think I would have suffered frostbite to my cheeks many years ago.....
Old 03-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I hope you like wind in your face....... Without the windshield or windscreen and no pods you will be getting a face full.

I boat in Michigan on the detroit river in early spring and late into the fall. If I didn't have a windshield I think I would have suffered frostbite to my cheeks many years ago.....
Same here. Summer thunderstorms and extended season cold air dictate a windshield for me.

Fortunately, we can have our Velocitys in whichever configuration way we want them
Old 03-24-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm with nobody
Gold Member

I do quite a bit of early (and late fall) boating out of South Haven/Grand Haven on Lake Michigan. Never really minded the wind in my face, except for the occasional trips to Chicago. I actually carry cold weather gear (full snowmobile face mask, goggles, jacket, gloves) with me for them long cold cruises. My lady don't like the wind much, but she just hangs out in the cuddy. I'm sure I've been laughed at more than once but F-it..........won't stop me from boating.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

i don't have the windshield or windscreen on my 280.

the only time I really miss it, is when its pretty cold (less then 60) and we don't bought a whole lot when its that cold anyway.

I love the look with out it. the pods don't do much for blocking wind anyway.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I boat in the Chesapeake Bay, its too bad. I also keep several pair of Spy clear motorcross goggles for all on board to wear if wanted. Most of the boating I do is below 50mph with several people on board so its not a problem.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM

Default Awesome!

Did you do all the work yourself?