Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 05-04-2016, 11:22 PM
DBO
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like new tail pipes cleared latter on swim step. Did you have to move or mod anything? I like the look of new longer tail pipes with new quiet internal flappers. How's it work?? Any concerns?
Old 05-04-2016, 11:43 PM
DBO
Registered

You moved swimm ladder to the left? How far? Do you have a part number for internal flappers?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DBO
You moved swimm ladder to the left? How far? Do you have a part number for internal flappers?
You know nothing happens without change......

The swim ladder is new, boat had a 3 step ladder and I replaced it with a 4 step, the original steps were mounted off center of the grab handle. As you noticed the ladder was moved slightly to the left (approx. 1 1/2") so it now lines up exactly on center with the grab handle.

As for the new longer tips, I did have to relieve a little material off the right side swim ladder bracket to ensure there would never be any contact with the exhaust tips regardless of how much weight was put on the platform. The original center swim platform support was also replaced for a sturdier one I made, the stock one was pretty much useless for providing any real support. There is a pic of the new support in this thread.

The exhaust tips came from Hardin Marine and already have the flappers built into them (plug and play), I don't remember the P/N, easy to find on their web site. I did make a second set of flappers (Stealth Mode) flappers on a stainless tube that gets inserted into the exhaust tip for increased protection if ever needed in rough water.

You'll always have some flapper noise with stock motors due to low idle reversion where it's actually sucking the flap shut, bump it up off idle and its quite as a mouse. You only hear it with the hatch open anyway, they're allot quieter than the metal flappers in the old pipes that's forsure !!!!!!! and allot cleaner looking without the toilet seat flappers mounted outside.

Last edited by 90profx; 05-05-2016 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:11 PM
DBO
Registered

Scott from Hardin Marine just emailed me back. FYI- Mercury suggest that if your exhaust is within 12in of the water line to run both inner and outer flappers. Any thoughts?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DBO
Scott from Hardin Marine just emailed me back. FYI- Mercury suggest that if your exhaust is within 12in of the water line to run both inner and outer flappers. Any thoughts?
I addressed that issue by making a pair of "STEALTH FLAPPER" that fits inside the tips, this provides 2 flaps per tip, allot of extra work, but still better than toilet seat flappers, see post below:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...failing-2.html
Old 05-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

To add to this mods thread, has anyone ever applied a SeaDek like product to the swim platform? I am giving some thought to it. Even with the built in non skid it still gets slippery and I like the looks of the Seadex.

www.seadek.com/c-12-swim-platform-pads.aspx

Padraig
Old 05-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
To add to this mods thread, has anyone ever applied a SeaDek like product to the swim platform? I am giving some thought to it. Even with the built in non skid it still gets slippery and I like the looks of the Seadex.

www.seadek.com/c-12-swim-platform-pads.aspx

Padraig

Funny that you posted that question..........I just ordered the color sampler pack from them as I too am highly considering this option on my swim platform ( once I get the soot issue under control). I'm interested as well on feedback from users.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

LOL,,,,,,Great minds think alike. Let me know how you like the samples. My boats at the shop 2 hours away so can't do anything now but considering ordering the kit when it comes back and checking the price to have one made up.

Padraig
Old 05-11-2016, 11:52 PM
DBO
Registered

Does Seadeck make a kit for the Velocity swim step? Meaning already cut to fit?
Old 05-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DBO
Does Seadeck make a kit for the Velocity swim step? Meaning already cut to fit?
I didn't see one on the site, but you could contact them. However, watch the videos. It doesn't look difficult to make a template to send them.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.