Anemic 383 SBC

Notices

Anemic 383 SBC

Old 06-20-2022, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SB

Let’s move on.

What cam is in the motor now ? So we know exactly what you currently have for an engine and power and rpm range.
X2. If your running a small 218/224 roller there's really no need to rpm much higher. Are the Sportsman 2 heads stock? Stock they are not much better than Vortec's. They can be ported to flow pretty decent.

I would recommend a Hydro QIV prop on your 22. That hull runs really good with a 4blade stern lifter like the QIV.
The following users liked this post:
SB (06-20-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Donnie D
Let me fill you in since it appears that when it comes to Foxwell and or Straub. You are clueless. At Straub Tech. Foxwell had full use of all of Straubs tools in Straubs building making over $100K a year. However Foxwell wanted to dictate my build as to show up or out do another builder Rick Jones located in Colorado. Foxwell was booted from Straub Tech. For the very same reason he was booted from Dart Machinery, AJPE, Straub Tech and Performance Automotive and Machine, He shined me on for 2 years until I found out the truth. Something it appears that you haven't found out yet. I will now ask the Admin to remove this thread as it has been ruined and no longer needs to take up the space and wasted the bandwidth you and your two cohorts caused it to be.
YOU trashed your own thread. YOU went on a rant about foxwell, when NO ONE said anything good about him. SB and I and a bunch of other people are well aware of his history. If YOU had done ANY research you could have found hundreds of references on the internet about what a nightmare he was/is. There is a reason he AND straub are banned from OSO. You said you let him dictate your build. Thats on you. Jones (voodoo pro) is a total hack. He sells crap on ebay and uses 20-50% dyno correction to claim HP. You were paying. you may not get to send crap parts to a builder but YOU tell them what its for or go elsewhere. Trust me, BES which is a top notch builder is gonna give you an engine that does what you need, BUT they aren't going to let you pick parts that they feel are inferior. No good engine builder is going to let you do that.

I'm glad you had a nice chat with straub this morning. The odds that he paid anyone but himself $100K are less than zero. Based on your attitude in your posts, any engine builder would be smart if they declined to build you an engine. I see a nightmare for them.
articfriends (06-23-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 513 Likes on 305 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by cheech:
1983ScarabIII (06-23-2022), articfriends (06-23-2022), Ryan00TJ (06-20-2022), sonicss42 (06-21-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
You actually caused this thread mess. You got emotional.
Most of us here know Foxwell is a douche. Brutal one at that. I never said he was a good wrench. You made that up.

You’re on Straub medication. We get it. Sorry.

There’s a reason both where banned from here years ago.

Let’s move on.

What cam is in the motor now ? So we know exactly what you currently have for an engine and power and rpm range.
Excuse me but this id from your prior post "Holy fuk that’s funny. We’ve had our issues. But….he can turn wrenches" Now then let me get this straight. I should ignore what Tony Bischoff said about the cam that Chris Straub profiled for my boat, and let some guy that I know zero about tell me wheat I should do with it??? Dude...You're smoking dope. There is one other thing as well. I don't get emotional. I just tell it like I see it, and to date Chris Straub has profiled a cam for my 565 BBC 69 Chevelle that has been 9 teens. Plus one for my 66 Chevelle that runs just dandy, Plus this one that Tony Bischoff has told me would be a good cam for the combination that he has planned for my 383. You and your fan club came on here with an axe to grind with Chris Straub and hugging on Scott Foxwells leg, and when I told you how things really were you got emotional. I don't know you. I don't want to know you. I've never ask for your opinion or help and I don't want your opinion or need your help. You are right about one thing. Lets move on. I'll keep on doing what I've been doing and you forget you ever saw a thread I've posted and everyone will be just fine.

SB (06-20-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 04:48 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by Zone 5
YOU trashed your own thread. YOU went on a rant about foxwell, when NO ONE said anything good about him. SB and I and a bunch of other people are well aware of his history. If YOU had done ANY research you could have found hundreds of references on the internet about what a nightmare he was/is. There is a reason he AND straub are banned from OSO. You said you let him dictate your build. Thats on you. Jones (voodoo pro) is a total hack. He sells crap on ebay and uses 20-50% dyno correction to claim HP. You were paying. you may not get to send crap parts to a builder but YOU tell them what its for or go elsewhere. Trust me, BES which is a top notch builder is gonna give you an engine that does what you need, BUT they aren't going to let you pick parts that they feel are inferior. No good engine builder is going to let you do that.

I'm glad you had a nice chat with straub this morning. The odds that he paid anyone but himself $100K are less than zero. Based on your attitude in your posts, any engine builder would be smart if they declined to build you an engine. I see a nightmare for them.

Another clueless individual that believes himself to be a mental giant...Take a hike Einstein. :-) My attitude isn't the issue here. That would be the figure you see when you look in the mirror. I'd like to bet you a Paycheck that Foxwell made $104K in 2019 paid by Straub. You can bet on that. The more you bump your gums. The less intelligent your make yourself appear. Which isn't a very steep mountain to climb. Now hit the road BOOB. OH and FTR. I've been working off and on the BES without a single problem. It's just people like yourself that bring out the worst in people. Especially me. I have zero patients for self absorbed *******s. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Donnie D; 06-20-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Excuse me but this id from your prior post "Holy fuk that’s funny. We’ve had our issues. But….he can turn wrenches" Straub just sells bullchit…… Now then let me get this straight. I don't get emotional. I just tell it like I see it, and to date Chris Straub has profiled a cam for my 565 BBC 69 Chevelle that has been 9 teens.
LMFAO. SB said that foxwell could turn a wrench and straub couldn't. He never said foxwell could turn one right! Try and read the entire sentence. I added the part you "forgot" in red to your above quote. Straub couldn't put a carb on an intake if he had to. Foxwell probably could. No one in their right mind would let either one of them spec parts for or touch their boat.
You have a SERIOUS emotional issue. You did too huge posts about foxwell based on your lack of reading comprehension. As far as picking cams for your drag car, big whop. My cat can do that. BUT this is supposed to be a BOATING forum and you asked about a BOAT engine. Neither straub nor foxwell are qualified to be picking ANY parts for either one of them.

My attitude isn't the issue here. I'd like to bet you a Paycheck that Foxwell made $104K in 2019 paid by Straub. It's just people like yourself that bring out the worst in people. Especially me. I have zero patients for self absorbed *******s. .
Yea, your attitude is a BIG problem. no one wants to work with people that rant like you do. You do that BS with reputable engine builders and they won't give you the time of day. Straub can claim any number he wants on what he paid foxwell. I wouldn't believe it if you posted the W4 and neither would anyone else. Not to mention that you went back 3 years on your claim. But hey, you did prove that you had to call straub before you came back here to post all your crap.
Sorry you don't like people like me and SB and others that give you the real facts about posers like straub. As I said, do a google search for him and you'll see the facts. From every boating board to the Vette forem to multiple others. The horror stories are endless.

Last edited by Zone 5; 06-20-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:08 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Nice car. Thumbs.

What cam is in your 383 now ?
Ryan00TJ (06-20-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 04:46 AM
Registered

I would like to apologize to everyone for how this thread took a nose dive and went to hell in a hand bag. That was and is never my intention. I came to this board to try and get back up to speed in the boating world. Now have a crap slinging contest with anyone. If I have something negative I would like to get across to someone. Most times I'll send a PM as turning a thread into what this one became helps no one. We are all unique individuals who have our our opinions about how we do thing and who we like or dislike. I personally would much rather keep things cordial and if anyone decides to be something other. I will add you to the ignore list. Again I apologize for the way this thread turned out and I'll ask the Admin again to please delete it.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:43 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

0kay, that’s cool.

Now, the cam that is currently in the motor is ?
And as RyanOOTJ asked, any massaging on the Sportsman heads done ?

I have one more question - any thoughts about removing the Team G single plane intake and putting on a performer rpm airgap ?

Edit in. Make that two: questions exhaust. The one on your engine i don’t think i’ve seen. Is it helping or hurting you ?

Last edited by SB; 06-21-2022 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:43 AM
Registered

The plan for the engine is to have the Sporstman II heads massaged by BES. Remove the Team G intake and replace it with a Edelbrock Performer RPM Airgap. A Holley 750 CFM dual line double pump carburetor. The comp cam that is currently in the boat is the one on the cam card in the posted photo. The cam going in the engine specs are as follows with a 1.6 rocker arm. 576/555 I/E, 271/297 adv dur. and 216/223 @.050. 106/118 centers and a 112 LSA. I'm not sure what the pistons are or what the current CR is. As stated the engine is supposed to have a Callies internally balanced crank and Eaglt H beam rods. All parts will be approved by Tony Bischoff before it goes in the engine but we are shooting for a 450-500 HP range and I'm expecting a realistic 475HP out of this combination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.