Philadelphia Area >

Philadelphia Area

Notices

Philadelphia Area

Old 08-16-2009, 01:20 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Philm, sorry to hear about your misfortune. From what Mark told me, it sounds like maybe a broken valve? Keep us posted, if theres anything I can help with let me know. Looks like the next trip down is Sept 5th & 6th. I made reservations and I believe Mark did also. Labor day so it shold book up fast. Let's get a roll call for that weekend as it gets closer. I'll be out on the river next Sat, have to work on Sunday but I might take off. I want to make sure that leak is actually fixed.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

yeah, sounds like i busted a valve. hopefully that is all it is and I dont need to pull the whole motor to have it rebuilt. I pulled off the header today, but my girl was bugging me to stop working on the boat so that was as far as i got. I will keep you all updated about it. Something definitely impacted the spark plug though, so that is not good.

I am always up for going for a ride on someone elses boat though I would even pitch in for some gas and beer money.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:19 PM
jln
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil, thanks for the update, you are always welcome on my boat. hopefully its not to bad and i can watch you blow by me again real soon. thats such a great boat .keep us posted , jeff
Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Registered

Cool

phil, you and your girl can ride with us on labor day trip if you want. we are going out sat and sunday on that weekend. probably make the reds trip so bill can check it out on saturday. sunday i think we might go to the sussquahanna to watch the boat races. just give me a call. mark
Old 08-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered

I will definitely give you guys a call. I really appreciate all the help guys, I am planning on pulling the head tonight and checking it out. hope for good things.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
Yea i couldnt sleep either. I was up at 0500. I have been ready since last night though. See you there, I should be there at 9.
my boy has the same boat
Old 08-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

post up a picture of it. Where does he run? There arent many Krypts around this area.

So I started the whole head pulling process. Got the headers off, intake manifold, rocker arms. Found out that the rear cylinder on the port side busted a retainer and broke the intake valve off. Not looking good for the pistons. Intake valve on the stbd side appears intact, but i still need to pull the heads and inspect them. I just dont have time tonight to finish it.

Anyone know some good engine builders in teh Delaware area? I keep hearing the name Rudy Dryden but need his info if anyone has it.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Hey Philm, I still have my fingers crossed for ya. Steel or aluminum heads? Hopefully not too trick. Mark said your running some big mods. I have a friend that owns a speed shop that might be able to get parts a little quicker than most. Treats me good, long time friend, 25yr's. Closest builder I know is in Atco NJ. He put one of my engines back together after a disaster I had last season. It's still holding together, so far. We will surely fit you in for the Sept 5/6th run. Let me know if I can help.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Registered

Serious build. JC Performance 598ci/800hp N/A. Aluminum Dart Pro 1 heads, wild cam in it. I am not looking forward to getting the heads off. I know what i will see and it will suck. I have a budget in mind that I can afford right now, and this will almost definitely fall out of that price range. Once I get the heads off i will see whta i need.

Last edited by Philm; 12-11-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Philm this is Bill's number at Diamond Performance 302-521-0123. Rudy and Bill are at the same shop. Bill will hook you up with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.