Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
love my Sonic thats all I can say!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff,

I did get the 500efi, nixed the boxes, with the step hull design I felt it was unecessary. The only thing that I am still kicking around is possibly going with the new merc ITS design. I am looking at it for the looks not really any performance increase especially because it only has a 7 inch setback.

Were do you guys live?

Dan
Old 11-14-2001, 03:29 PM
ScreaminDemon

stopped by the Active Thunder shop today...wow, wait until everyone sees this new cabin layout. Looks like they put a lot of thought into it. They have my vote!

Old 11-14-2001, 04:45 PM
Registered

Screamin-

You are correct, the new cabin is going to look great, and they are begining to laminate it soon. As soon as it is all together, and in the boat I am sure AT will post some pictures on their website. Come on February
Old 11-14-2001, 06:58 PM
Registered

Thunderdan. If you were asking me where I live, its Peoria IL and we boat most of the time on Lake Cumberland in Ky. I assume from your posts that you have ordered a 37AVH. Are they telling you you will not get the boat until February ?

I am looking forward to seeing the cabin. The picture on the website looks great.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
H2OWarrior, All I can tell you is The right and only choice is AT. I have done over 12 mos of research and narrowed it down, like you did, to 2 boats Sonic and AT. I have been on 2 Sonics a 386 which my best friend traded in for a 42SS Sonic, super boat, and I thought I was a 100% convinced, I have driven this boat 6 times , Sonics are great boats, they are great in the rough stuff, awesome cabin and cockpit, great freeboard, BUT Top Speed the 386 was only 75-76 and the 42ss is 71-72, this winter he is going to whipple it or procharge it, I told him whipple it, but he never listens to me, after all he bought a Sonic without looking at Active Thunder. I am having my 37AVH built along side Active THunder Dans, he is about a month ahead of mine,(for 100. Im sure I can get that switched around) they are both equiped pretty much the same, mine does have the a/c/heat gen set as well and I am seriously thinking of going with xr drives and Whipplecharging the 500EFIS. I am a very hard person to please, almost say borderline anel retentive with attention to details, and Steve and Pat have been awesome to deal with (Im not as anel as AT DAN, What the hell 40 times to get my fricken paint straight). Price wise they are very comparable, we went back and forth, I just feel, (All of what AT DAN stated) with the revision of the new Millenium leather tech interiors along with all the trick and special things that AT does they cant be beat, not even in speed, Patten Pend on the bottom single step design,86-88, lifetime warranty, is that balls or what. In a nutshell, the guy backs his **** up, no excuses, not to anyone, check out a Outerlimits, Active Thunder is just as good Quality wise, and soon will be in the same league resale wise, buy now save 100K, you will be able to sell the boat for what you paid for it in 3-4 years. In 96 Outerlimits was 165k now they are 300K Plus, the 96 used ones are selling for more than 165K. This is better than the stock market, enough said. Call me if you have issues that you want to discuss, I will always give you the straight up and up, no sugar coating it with me. 228-255-3400 office 228-216-0900 cell 7AM to 5PM GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
Old 11-15-2001, 08:28 AM
Registered

H20,

Feb is correct. But remember, they are building the cabin molds in my hull and that takes time, from making the plugs to the final product is a timely process. Plus it is going to take em a month , to do my paint(just kiddin).

Dan
Old 11-15-2001, 12:16 PM
CrazyED

SONIC all the way!

Did the guys at Active Thunder tell you about the two 37 AVH Thunders that rolled over??
One in Baltimore two years ago (test run - they were only going 40 mph - made a normal turn and the boat rolled over)
The second rolled over off of FT Lauderdale last year on a test run!

The detail and gel work on the Sonic is much better and Sonic never had a hull problem.
Re-sale the Sonic will be much better!

Sonic has been building boats for over 25 years, Active Thunder 7 years!

When you go to the factories abd see how the boats are built - you will go for the Sonic.

Old 11-15-2001, 12:29 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-15-2001, 01:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I didn't know about that!

I wonder if Pat could fill us in on that!

Quick Reply: Active Thunder or Sonic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.