Active Thunder or Sonic >

Active Thunder or Sonic

Notices

Active Thunder or Sonic

Old 11-12-2001, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Active Thunder or Sonic

Looking for some info. I am traveling to Ft. Lauderdale over Thanksgiving to visit the Sonic and Active Thunder factories. We plan on taking rides in each and touring the factories. At the end of the trip we plan on making a descision and purchasing either a 386 or a 37 Active Thunder. I know the Thunder will kick the Sonics transom, but speed is only part of the picture. We have two very small kids and like to use our boat as an RV. We spend weekends and take week long vacations on the boat so creature comforts are also important. We have the boats equipped equally with gen-set, A/C, fridge, microwave, etc., along with 500HP EFI's. I want some speed. Any comments, opinions would be appreciated.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:30 AM
29Fever

The boats look alike. I have been on a few Sonics and I like them. Good rough water boat for the kid factor. I wish I was comtemplating between the two.

Old 11-13-2001, 12:58 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

If you want some speed and a great rough water boat, I would go with the AT. The attitude the boat carries while riding is one of complete stability and safety. Definitely able to handle whatever mother nature is willing to throw her way... My .02
Old 11-13-2001, 12:58 PM
ScreaminDemon

Active Thunder! Both are nice boats but the Active Thunder is much more unique, a little more custom and a hell of a lot faster. They'll work with ya a little closer and really make sure you get everything you want, and then some!

Old 11-13-2001, 01:20 PM
OopSeaDazey

I received some literature from Active Thunder and they have designed a new cabin layout with some really cool features. Never been in the 37, but EVERYONE raves about it's performance and solid ride. With the new stuff they are doing, they just may be the best value.

Old 11-13-2001, 02:32 PM
Registered

Again, I can offer you six months of research. I am currently having a 37 designed, so....here we go. They are truely a unique boat, the new cabin style with amenities can not be beat, and these are standards. By far the best boat bang for the buck. Air/tv,vcr, vac u flush head, leather interior, refrig, etc..standard. A guarenteed 86 mph with hp 500 efi motors, you will not get that speed with 500's in a sonic- maybe low 80's. Sonic USED to have the advantage over the Thunders only in one catagory, the cabin. No longer, plus AT now offer a lifetime warentee on the hulls, talk about someone who feels confident in their product. I have changed the graphics 40 times on my boat, added and deleted options almost daily and PAt and steve have been great, always making whatever changes I asked for. They are truely a great company to work with. They build truely a great boat, I always describe my Thunder as built like a brick chit house capable of doing close to 90mph I think that you are looking at two great boats, but i felt that Thunder was a better boat and fit my needs better Please feel free to e-mail me with a phone # and I will call you to discuss my research...
Old 11-13-2001, 02:33 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, we are you from? My boat will be done in Feb and you are more than welcome to come to Jersey and go for a ride and check it out for yourself.

Dan
Old 11-13-2001, 02:37 PM
Registered

and one more thing, I also have two kids and those things, comfort etc are important to me as we do a lot of overnighting, all of those features are standard, except the generator, on the new 37, that is why one of the many reasons I went with thunder. Now you got me thinking,,maybe I so look at the generator, must go e-mail Pat and Steve about adding the generator nowwwww.
Old 11-13-2001, 05:54 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I received a new brouchure from AT also and I did not see any pics of the new re-designed cabins on the 32 and 37. Only a small note saying that they have redesigned cabins.

Someone also mentioned to me that AT now has a kick ass CD that they send out. Anyone see that and does it indicate the new layout?

I too have three small kids and the changes they claim mean alot but I would like to see for myself.

Thunderdan, did you opt for the hp500's in your boat? boxes?

Thanks Jeff
Old 11-13-2001, 07:24 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the great input. Keep it coming. hp500efi I have the Cd and it is very nice. Good music and great action boat shots with the occasional Boat Babe thrown in for good measure. You can see the new intierior on actives website activethunderboats.com. As Thunderdan said, they seem great to work with. For instance, I prefer a center access cabin but AT's new cabin is side access. I told Dan I wanted a center access cabin and he said "no problem, whatever you want". Thats why we are going to visit the factory and weather permiting go for a ride.

Quick Reply: Active Thunder or Sonic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.