41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Notices

41 Apache knock off (fake apache) 41 Legend Offshore

Old 06-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
It better be done legally, because there are protection laws in the U.S.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap13.html
IF I REMEMBER YOU MUST CHANGE 5 THINGS IN THE MOLD TO AVOID LAW SUITS. THIS RECALL GOES BACK TO TO 80S. MM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

It better be done legally, because there are protection laws in the U.S.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap13.html
from your link.....

(a) In General. — Subject to subsection (b), the protection provided under this chapter for a design shall continue for a term of 10 years beginning on the date of the commencement of protection under section 1304

how old is the 41???????????????
Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
from your link.....

(a) In General. — Subject to subsection (b), the protection provided under this chapter for a design shall continue for a term of 10 years beginning on the date of the commencement of protection under section 1304

how old is the 41???????????????
It depends on the renewal. And with the economy in the shape it's in (new powerboat building in particular) isn't the most lucerative endeavor.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-28-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

It's been said the molds were leased so if that's true they could have pulled an exact copy and you can wipe your azz with the laws.. lol

Add Sabre into the mix...they bought the molds... Matter of fact, there were a LOT of molds that were sold by the gooberment and others that were/are being used. Besides, the hull is antequated.

Fact remains, it's a really nice boat and the updated deck lines are pretty nice in my opinion.

Later!

Last edited by Panther; 06-28-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Besides, the hull is antiquated.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
It's been said the molds were leased so if that's true they could have pulled an exact copy and you can wipe your azz with the laws.. lol

Add Sabre into the mix...they bought the molds... Matter of fact, there were a LOT of molds that were sold by the gooberment and others that were/are being used. Besides, the hull is antequated.

Fact remains, it's a really nice boat and the updated deck lines are pretty nice in my opinion.

Later!
And that should be the way it is, it is what is is, a one off custom boat, just like cobras were AC's with Shelby doing his thing to it.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
And that should be the way it is, it is what is is, a one off custom boat, just like cobras were AC's with Shelby doing his thing to it.
Maybe so. I hope this whole powerboating deal isn't a last off. A lot of manufacturers have quite a few boats sitting. Let's see what the future brings.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong attitude for the Apache forum. If it's so famous post about it in the Legend forum. Mark McManus builds Apache, not Legend, so it's not a real Apache. It is the old style mold with a no notch transom & probably a inferior transom angle, among other differences. So it's not the latest and greatest Apache design. Forget about trying to say it is a better layup, McManus Apache Powerboats are proven.
You should reread my post. The word "IF" is in there and IF it was the same with better lay up it would be better. You don't have to post I'm right I already know.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WeaponX
You should reread my post. The word "IF" is in there and IF it was the same with better lay up it would be better. You don't have to post I'm right I already know.
It sounds IFFY? LOL!

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 06-29-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
It's sounds IFFY? LOL!
COMANCHE OR LEGEND = BOOTLEG APACHE. FYI. BEN BROUGHT IN MCMANNUS TO CUT CORNERS AND SELL BOATS TO GENERAL PUBLIC. WHEN BEN LEFT THE CASH WENT WITH HIM. NO MO APACHE. HI HO GERONOMO! AWAY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.