Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Beware of Castle Marine Outlet >

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Notices

Beware of Castle Marine Outlet

Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In New York state we have whats called a lemon law.He must warrantee the boat for at least 30 days.Lemon law or not he should have gone out of his way to make you happy! Discount labor or dealer cost on parts probably would have made this situation much better.Unfortunately not everyone runs there business like that.Now you know who to stay away from. " 1 happy customer will bring you another one,I pissed off customer will cost you 10 "
Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

fast willy,unless they gave u a warranty,u baught the boat AS IS.they had no way of knowing the sensors & pump would fail,any thing electrical is prone to failure.im sorry to hear about your troubles,but i just cant see how it is there fault.as u know the word BOAT really means break out another thousand.i once baught a used boat from a big dealer in missouri,after about 10 hours,one of the driver took a crap,the dealer told me they were sorry,but i baught the boat AS IS .just fixed the problem&went boating.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Every used boat and car sold in New York has to be warrantied by the seller?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Every used boat and car sold in New York has to be warrantied by the seller?
I want to hear the answer to this one...
Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by heater63
In New York state we have whats called a lemon law.He must warrantee the boat for at least 30 days.Lemon law or not he should have gone out of his way to make you happy! Discount labor or dealer cost on parts probably would have made this situation much better.Unfortunately not everyone runs there business like that.Now you know who to stay away from. " 1 happy customer will bring you another one,I pissed off customer will cost you 10 "
Lemon Law on a used boat?

I would ask if the dealer was contacted when the problems first arose to give them a chance to diagnose and fix? Or did the customer go out and spend money on a scan tool, fix it themselves, and then go back to the dealer looking to recoup funds?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Sorry...I just don't see how it's the dealers fault. You're expecting good will is how I translate this. It's the dealer's fault if they knew of these items prior to sale, it's their fault if they are covering up something, it's their fault if they're misrepresenting the product. So far I don't see any evidence of that unless you're not being clear. You've also left out a ton of facts so we have nothing to go on.

If I sell my truck to a buyer and he comes back a few days later stating that the stater motor failed and he's looking for money I tell him to go away. Kinda the same thing here...unless you know more than what you're telling us.

You be be a private seller. Not a Dealer selling a boat, big difference.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Lemon Law on a used boat?

I would ask if the dealer was contacted when the problems first arose to give them a chance to diagnose and fix? Or did the customer go out and spend money on a scan tool, fix it themselves, and then go back to the dealer looking to recoup funds?
Dealer was contacted soon as boat broke. They didn't do **** to help, plus they wanted to charge to scan engine $100. Scan tool was $500 so I bought my own. So no Castle Marine was not willing in anyway to fix issue or refund money for parts. I don't give a **** about a warranty, a good dealer would have helped out regardless. Especially after only running boat for a few hrs. then it breaking.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Willy
Dealer was contacted soon as boat broke. They didn't do **** to help, plus they wanted to charge to scan engine $100. Scan tool was $500 so I bought my own. So no Castle Marine was not willing in anyway to fix issue or refund money for parts. I don't give a **** about a warranty, a good dealer would have helped out regardless. Especially after only running boat for a few hrs. then it breaking.
Yeah, I have to agree with you that is pretty poor on their part not to provide some sort of good faith assistance towards the problem. IMO, they should have at least diagnosed the problem for free and then offered parts at cost.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure when the boat was purchased you signed some kind of sales agreement. What does it say about warranty and/or guarantee expectations? Does it state "as-is" anywhere in this agreement? Just curious.

I suppose I'd be a little annoyed, too, if my motor junked a couple parts after only 3-4 hours of use but you know the saying...caveat emptor.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yeah, I have to agree with you that is pretty poor on their part not to provide some sort of good faith assistance towards the problem. IMO, they should have at least diagnosed the problem for free and then offered parts at cost.

I agree with this statement. (unless you got it for 3-4k less than he originally wanted, just to unload it. Then I'd say you got a great deal to begin with...now fixing anything is on you.)

Last edited by tinman565; 09-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.