Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Beware and Stolen
Before I say something out of line....... >

Before I say something out of line.......

Notices

Before I say something out of line.......

Old 08-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I missed that! Good find!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y'all probably know that I know this person, gonna stay out of this, but I have a feeling he may have gotten taken also, by the builder. I witnessed this motor on a pallet, not touched since being returned from builder, and the selller had no reason to lie to me about it as I know it was built to go into his Pantera, and also have contact with the builder and balancer.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
I missed that! Good find!
Hey lil red call me 305-318-0150
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't it be great to be in an environment where trust was not an issue? Seems like we are drifting further away from this, is this a sign of the economy or is moral judgement simply eroding?

It is kinda like the news, its all the bad stuff that comes out...maybe we really need to focus on mentioning the people that go above and beyond in business transactions?

I have received a great deal of boat insight from a guy in this forum, depending on how this comment goes over I am more than happy to share this information.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

This is why I questioned it. And did not come right out and say "so and so screwed my buddy" and I got your message from Kyle, I'm good with calling. Not in the mood to get into a pissing match. You already told me where to go.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered

Once again you are miss quoting ...CALL ME.

the point of this forum is to clear things up not make accusations. so call me.

facts are the following:
I NEVER told Kyle that motor made "X" hp...he even admitted to that when we spoke today.
He purchased that motor for $1,000 not $1,800....either way a steal.
Why in the world are you involved in something that me and Kyle are ok with when we spoke this morning?

Last edited by Pantera24; 08-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered

Just put it here. Nothing can be misquoted if you type it out.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered

You want to talk ...call me we can talk...this is not about a P**ng match at all.... just to get the facts straight. Let's not let ego's and a keyboard's get the better as they always seems to do on this board.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
A friend purchased a fresh engine off of a member here, it was advertised as fresh with no hours, balanced and assembled by a reputable builder for a good amount of $$$
He gets it home a 24 hour drive and there is carbon in the exhaust ports, he was told it had over 400hp I pulled the valve cover to find peanut port heads that are deff not fresh. I questioned the seller and through the buyer was told to go f.;ck myself. How would you guys handle this?????
I can't believe the number of times that I've heard this happen. I mean you hear it more times than not. I wouldn't buy a motor if I didn't know who built it, didn't trust them and they wouldn't warrantee it if it's supposed "rebuilt all new" or "Dyno time only".
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
I can't believe the number of times that I've heard this happen. I mean you hear it more times than not. I wouldn't buy a motor if I didn't know who built it, didn't trust them and they wouldn't warrantee it if it's supposed "rebuilt all new" or "Dyno time only".
You also won't get one for $1,000 under your conditions either. (but I'm with you, I'm not buying a un-known motor either)

We've also heard this play out many times: one party claims a mis-deed, the other posts some info, and then we realize the truth is somewhere in the middle......and most of us will make judgement without truely knowing what really happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.