Notices

Jet Ski Jerks

Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
So if you ate driving down the road and someone pulls in front of you, and you can't stop in time it is you fault?

You people amaze me lol.
Yup....
In fact if they slam on the brakes on purpose for you to hit them it is still your fault unless there is a third party witness ..
Anytime you rearend a vehicle it is always your fault regardless what the other vehicle did to cause it UNLESS you have a third party to back you up as in multi car collisions.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 527 Posts

I think one thing that is not apparent is that some of us have seen first hand what happens when a go-fast boat like we all love is involved in an incident/accident that includes our own personal circle of friends, in our own "water holes". I've been close to it with two friends. Both of them had virtually the exact same thing happen to them: PWC drove into the side of both of their boats (42Fountain & 38TG) while at cruising speeds between 45 and 55 mph. One was fatal; the other damn close. Both of these folks have had to fight off the law and lawsuits for years; not to mention being chastised in their communities, as well as boats being impounded (even damaged while impounded); and beyond.

Knowing all of this, I don't take any chances with any boat in my vicinity, including PWCs. I'm not saying 4bus did either. But I do know how the rules of the water would be interpreted by the law and a jury; and I stand by my assessment based on those attributes. How they are interpreted by other crowds, including ours, and even The higher power, are irrelevant.

After stating all of that, I too am a long time PWC owner. I was taking a friends' daughter out for a ride a few weeks back; and I too found myself surprised by another vessel in my vicinity, while I was too busy concentrating on the safety of my passenger. Knowing that, I also assume that every PWCer is normally oblivious to their surroundings a majority of the time.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Yup....
In fact if they slam on the brakes on purpose for you to hit them it is still your fault unless there is a third party witness ..
Anytime you rearend a vehicle it is always your fault regardless what the other vehicle did to cause it UNLESS you have a third party to back you up as in multi car collisions.
Really? So I pull off a side street out in to traffic, I don't have to look? If someone t bones me it is their fault cause they couldn't stop in time?

How about if someone crosses into you lane on the highway, and impacts he side of your truck, your fault too cause you couldn't avoid?

Have you people lost your minds?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by riverrat
+1 but apparently not for this clown in central new yok lol
Jeff
Now I am a clown huh? Sounds like you are just a few brain cells away from being retarded if you that someone that pulls out in front of a vehicle is not at fault. Or turns into you lane on the highway and impacts your side.

I know midwesterners are generally slow, but this is basic stuff you learn on your permit test
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I think one thing that is not apparent is that some of us have seen first hand what happens when a go-fast boat like we all love is involved in an incident/accident that includes our own personal circle of friends, in our own "water holes". I've been close to it with two friends. Both of them had virtually the exact same thing happen to them: PWC drove into the side of both of their boats (42Fountain & 38TG) while at cruising speeds between 45 and 55 mph. One was fatal; the other damn close. Both of these folks have had to fight off the law and lawsuits for years; not to mention being chastised in their communities, as well as boats being impounded (even damaged while impounded); and beyond.

Knowing all of this, I don't take any chances with any boat in my vicinity, including PWCs. I'm not saying 4bus did either. But I do know how the rules of the water would be interpreted by the law and a jury; and I stand by my assessment based on those attributes. How they are interpreted by other crowds, including ours, and even The higher power, are irrelevant.

After stating all of that, I too am a long time PWC owner. I was taking a friends' daughter out for a ride a few weeks back; and I too found myself surprised by another vessel in my vicinity, while I was too busy concentrating on the safety of my passenger. Knowing that, I also assume that every PWCer is normally oblivious to their surroundings a majority of the time.
Brian,

I agree with you 100 percent. No doubt that day changed my outlook on running anywhere near someone I do not know. However I also posted he video to show what can come to you, when you are simply making a straight heading.

Im still not sure if I would had did anything different if the same thing happened today.

If you look closer, had I lifted my throttle (assuming I had time) it may have slowed me enough for them not to be able to avoid me.

Sometimes holding your line is the best evasive maneuver you can make.

Btw, are you going to have any new thunders at key west in November? I would like to see a new 37
Old 10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 527 Posts

Sometimes holding your line is the best evasive maneuver you can make.

Btw, are you going to have any new thunders at key west in November? I would like to see a new 37
I see you also ride a motorcycle as well. That's one of the first things a street motorcycle rider learns; hopefully in a training class but sometimes on the street.

We'll have 3 ATs down there of newer vintage. We have a 37 getting close to being done, but we are not going to rush it.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really? So I pull off a side street out in to traffic, I don't have to look? If someone t bones me it is their fault cause they couldn't stop in time?

How about if someone crosses into you lane on the highway, and impacts he side of your truck, your fault too cause you couldn't avoid?

Have you people lost your minds?
rearend means hitting the BACK of a vehicle not the side..
and yes if someone pulls out right in front of you and stops and you REAREND them you are at fault unless you have a third party witness to back you up..
Old 10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
rearend means hitting the BACK of a vehicle not the side..
and yes if someone pulls out right in front of you and stops and you REAREND them you are at fault unless you have a third party witness to back you up..
Had that jet ski hit me they would have hit the side of my boat
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I see you also ride a motorcycle as well. That's one of the first things a street motorcycle rider learns; hopefully in a training class but sometimes on the street.

We'll have 3 ATs down there of newer vintage. We have a 37 getting close to being done, but we are not going to rush it.
The experience I learned from road racing motorcycles has save my butt more time than I can count on the street. Easy to be cautious and evasive on something so nimble like a bike, plus you are open and vulrible....much like a jet ski, which should be more careful but are not.

The last thing I would want is a collision of any kind. 23 years of operation on both skis and boats since I was 14 and still no incidents, I would like to keep it that way but I still want to to have fun.

I'll send you an email about key west. We will be down for the week, as newly weds wifey wants a little more cabin, but still wants to go fast.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had that jet ski hit me they would have hit the side of my boat
And you'd be proving to a jury that they hit you, and you didn't hit them. Oh well.

How come you ran between those two islands, and not to the south of them where it's alot deeper? It can be as shallow as 2-3 feet deep on that side while it's 6+ on the other side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.